Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there - the spare tire lid/cover in the trunk of my 2007 ss is made of some weak flimsy material and is permenently bowed at this point...before a cut a new one from some plywood can someone confirm....

In the later year 8th gen models did they change over from that flimsy pressboard POS spare tire cover to a strong molded plastic cover??

If so I might not the local junk yard before making my own.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Hi there - the spare tire lid/cover in the trunk of my 2007 ss is made of some weak flimsy material and is permenently bowed at this point...before a cut a new one from some plywood can someone confirm....

In the later year 8th gen models did they change over from that flimsy pressboard POS spare tire cover to a strong molded plastic cover??

If so I might not the local junk yard before making my own.

No.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just hit the recking yard. In the future just make sure spare and all is where it should be....don't leave a gapping hole under the cover

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update - hit the wrecking yard and while I did not find a tire cover, I did find the foam jack holder that goes inside/under the spare tire, which lifted the tire up an inch or so and now supports the cover much better/as it should.

Added some industrial Velcro to keep the carpet held down too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts