Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Probably not every single product, but most of ZZPs parts are built for the 3800. Some are exclusively for the supercharged 3800.

Post the parts you are interested in and we could probably sort you out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im a 17 year old kid but what i want to do seems reasonable.

visual wise clean up the exterior by adding a rear spoiler and tail light covers lowering springs rims debadging paint the moldings and the chevy logo on front to match and thats about it

preformance intake headers exhaust high flow cat (i live in jersey very strict)

thats about it i hope to do it gradually over a good period of time

·
Registered
375 Posts
Spoiler : $100-$150
LS Sport Taillight Covers : $150
Lowering Springs : $250, plus install & alignment.
Debadging: free
Painted trim : DIY for price of materials, or pay a shop
Intake: DIY for $50 or pay up to $250 for a FIPK kit.
Headers: $600-$900 plus install
Exhaust: $200 (local shop, crush bent, aluminized steel, no tips)-$1000(Corsa, mandrel bend, stainless, tips) DIY or pay install for kits
Hiflow cat: should probably just scrap the headers and buy a downpipe. $200-$250

I would do the Trim, Debading, Taillight Covers, and Spoiler all at once. You'll probably need at least the spoiler or taillight covers painted, and it'll be cheaper that way.

A lot of the midrange kits are popular for exhaust, running about $500. Easy enough to install by yourself, only basic tools are needed. You'll pick up a few horsepower with a mandrel kit, but nothing to write home about. Otherwise I recommend having a local shop do it. The local shop won't likely have mandrel bends, and you'll pay more for stainless throughout.

Headers aren't really that popular, as I don't think they are compatible with the ZZP downpipe, which is a big seller for the W-bodys (Impala, Grand Prix, Monte Carlo). ZZP downpipe will eliminate the restrictive ubend in the exhaust, but you may run into issues with emissions unless you replace the 02 sensor and (maybe) add an 02 sim, for about 40 bucks.

Are you good at working on cars? Turning your own wrenches will save you a lot of money on installs.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
he prob wont need headers, so Plog + rear pem+dp=win

exhaust, stock is goo for 300hp or so, so if hes looking for sound, muffler-~$100, install +~$40-60 MAX

1 - 8 of 8 Posts