Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They said it's "too much." The only major mods I did are the rims and the chrome. Everything else is stock. Even the stereo. Does it need to be toned down a bit? I always thought it look just fine but now I'm starting to second guess myself ImageUploadedByAG Free1402796779.862628.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1402796796.225480.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
This is what I have to say:

Fu*k the haters.

That said, I don't particularly care for the chrome accents, the windshield decal, or the front bra. But it's your car, and that's what makes it yours, and not someone elses.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate the bra too. I only have it to cover all the scrapes and chips in the front bumper. It was looking pretty bad and getting it repainted would've been way too expensive.i hate that f*cken bra lol

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Yeah, I know that you were using it to cover scrapes and chips, it is what it is. The wind deflector is pretty bulky, but I've definitely heard great things about cutting down on the noise. I personally went with a louder stereo :devil: I can drive down the road at highway speeds with all the windows down and the sunroof open, and still hear my music nice and clearly :yahoo:

Edit: sounds like this dude was just needlessly hating. Sounds like no matter what you did to it, he'd call you out on it. Fuck that guy

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol I've always preferred stock everything. I had extra money to spend and that's why it has the rims and all the extras haha otherwise it would've stayed completely stock.
And yea he's one of my friends, just mad that his Malibu is rusty and cheap lol little glorified cavalier

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
The problem with the chrome pillars on the 7th gen is that there isn't a chrome bordering window trim, like there is on the 8th gen. That just makes them look tacked on IMO. Piano black would look much better (in my opinion)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After spending $160 on routine maintenance today, I don't wanna put another dime into this car lol I keep buying more and more (pointless) stuff for it. Reupholstered the leather, Dashmat, floor mats, spare keyless entry remote, etc.. Never gonna get back what I put into it. But since all of us on here love our impalas, I guess we all do that lol

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Yeah, I don't expect to ever get the money back that I put into it, but that's not why I did it.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Yeah, they are cheap. I was going to get some for mine, but since the trim piece got damaged by a burglar, I figured the covers wouldn't fit properly, so I never ended up doing it. I may go with a gloss vinyl instead, not sure. Or maybe I'll just have to replace the trim piece, though it's riveted in...

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Gloss black spray paint is less than $10 :wink: lol

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
nice! :eek:k3:

·
No TreadSS Left
1,192 Posts
I think it looks sharp as is. It is your car, and you do what you feel is going to give you the satisfaction. I went with the blue on my car cuz it was different and it made people look a second time and comment on it. Its has not been real expensive to do, but I get just as much or more attention then a high price, dealer bought sports car. And I did it, by hand so there is a pride factor. Entering my first car show and beating the other cars I did for best in class, has proven this to me. All of the cars that look the same, look the same, theres nothing special. So rock out with your c*ck out and get the attention you want!!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts