Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is posted in the right spot or not. Appologies if it isn't, and mods please move to where it should go if this is the case...

So I'm curious to know just how many other Lazer Blue Impalas are out there floating around besides mine... From what I've been hearing from others here, it does seem to be a rare color. Up until I bought mine, I haven't seen one in this color. And the only other Lazer Blue Impala I've seen was back in RI, and it wasn't an SS model (...it was going the opposite way down the street I was on so I didn't happen to notice if it was an LS, LT or LTZ. From what I DID notice was that it looked to have 17's on it, no rear spoiler and no dual exhaust, so I'm guessing an LT...).

So that I know of, there's only 2 cars in this color. From the homework and investigating I've done, this was an '06 product year color only, and "Papa SSmirf" has a build date of 8/06 which would explain why I can't find the color or paint color code in any listing for an '07... And I've tried to inquire with GM about it, and they were only able to give me the total # of Impalas made for '06 and '07, no specifics on how many SS's or how many came in that color

Does anyone else out there happen to know of any others or have spotted any others? I'm trying to get a feel for just how rare this color actually is. Any spottings of any other Impalas or Montes in this color please post them here.

Thanks guys and girls!!! :eek:k3:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I remember seeing that car in the Whole Foods parking lot often in Providence RI near Staples. It's lazer blue and a SS model. I think the individual that owns(ed) the car was an employee in that plaza.

·
Designated Driver
4,516 Posts
It's not as popular as the yellow ones are, that's for sure... :lol:

I've seen 4 or 5 between here and Ft.Worth
There's also at least one other one this site.

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
One of my old time friend, has a lazer blue impala. He does have mods to it aswell. His is a SS.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I wish my Impala were Lazer Blue. The chrome accents would look sweet. :D

Reactions: kamikazeedriver

·
Registered
545 Posts
I dont know them but i pass one ever day in town.. they also have the most blinding hid kit ever made... the bulbs are same color as the car.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thats a very rare color. I see lots of 2006-2013 Impala's on the road in four major colors. Silver and white are the most common. I also see dark blue and red. I rarely see a 2006-2013 Impala in Laser Blue or Superior Blue Metallic but I do see some previous 2000-2005 Impala's in those colors. My Impala is a 2010 LS in Silver Ice Metallic. I wish I had one in a blue color but when my car is dirty its hard to tell so thats a plus.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I love the Lazer Blue colour and I personally think it looks amazing with chrome accents. But chrome is one of those things that one can easily get carried away with... :wink:

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, I wasn't anticipating this many replies on this topic, so thanks first and foremost. And thanks for the sightings as well!

@Impala Joe: Are you in RI? If so, we'll have to at least meet up for a beer or something next time I'm in town. Where abouts are you loccated?

@Scotty: That's a cool little list you put together, especially that 7th Gen SS. What a score that car would be. I wonder how much they were asking for it... And funny thing is, I've seen one of these same exact cars at my Dunkin Donuts one day, and thought "What a cool color, on such a cool car". Who would have thought that I'd wind up with one, the same color but newer...

And it's also good to see that this color goes back to at least 2005 then. I thoought it was a 1-year only color that manufacturer's sometimes do...

@vaboi: I like what you did with it, but a little too much chrome for my tastes. After thinking about it, it made sense for me to do the black & blue theme, with a little silver/grey/chrome mixed in here and there. But it looks good though, and I give kudos to what you got going with it.

@ ChevImpalaBoy4: I didn't think yours was a Lazer Blue car... I checked out your pics and the color seems darker (a lot darker in some pics...). But seeing your avatar made me look at your pics and see. I like what you did with yours too, mainly the black wheels. I'm (vvery) slowly working on custom doing a set of 18" LTZ wheels, that will be black and the body color. Will be dope!

@ CinRed: Were there any 8th Gens in yellow??? I've seen maybe one or two of the 7th Gen cars in yellow, but have yet to see an 8th Gen in that color.

And thaat pic you posted was cute and funny. Made me laugh no doubt! But the car does and has that look all it's own now.

@ snitsky999: That's one of the good things about my color. Even when it's dirty, it don't look it until your right on top of it. And even then, it still looks good!

@ Dave_N: Yes your right about chrome getting to be too much sometimes. This is why I went with the chrome accents here and there, like the chrome SS badges, the emblems and what not. Just enough bling to make it tasteful and let the blue & black combo speak for itself.

I again thank you gentlemen for your input, rreplies and sightings. Kepp them coming if you spot any more.

·
Designated Driver
4,516 Posts
@ CinRed: Were there any 8th Gens in yellow??? I've seen maybe one or two of the 7th Gen cars in yellow, but have yet to see an 8th Gen in that color.
I was referring to cabs.
I've seen hundreds of yellow impala cabs...

·
Cucky
662 Posts
yeah my car looks darker in the pictures but that's just because of the lighting. Its the same color as yours. And thanks man.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks! I too rarely see any Impalas this color in VA so we are amongst the rare. But I am all chromed out at this point. But I do get many compliaments on it. I am now in the process of starting work on the cosmetics of the interior as well as ordering some lowing springs. I think the gap that I currently have is a little too much and thats with the 20's that I currently have on it. Probably going to de-badge as well or replace all with the old school cross flags. IDK yet. But seeing everyone elses Impalas on here definitely gives me ideas. Everyones car looks great so keep up the good work Impala lovers!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Not sure if this is posted in the right spot or not. Appologies if it isn't, and mods please move to where it should go if this is the case...

So I'm curious to know just how many other Lazer Blue Impalas are out there floating around besides mine... From what I've been hearing from others here, it does seem to be a rare color. Up until I bought mine, I haven't seen one in this color. And the only other Lazer Blue Impala I've seen was back in RI, and it wasn't an SS model (...it was going the opposite way down the street I was on so I didn't happen to notice if it was an LS, LT or LTZ. From what I DID notice was that it looked to have 17's on it, no rear spoiler and no dual exhaust, so I'm guessing an LT...).

So that I know of, there's only 2 cars in this color. From the homework and investigating I've done, this was an '06 product year color only, and "Papa SSmirf" has a build date of 8/06 which would explain why I can't find the color or paint color code in any listing for an '07... And I've tried to inquire with GM about it, and they were only able to give me the total # of Impalas made for '06 and '07, no specifics on how many SS's or how many came in that color

Does anyone else out there happen to know of any others or have spotted any others? I'm trying to get a feel for just how rare this color actually is. Any spottings of any other Impalas or Montes in this color please post them here.

Thanks guys and girls!!! :eek:k3:
I agree its nice having a color that doesn't show dirt. Kind of off topic but I want to ask you. Does your laser blue Impala have a ton of little stone chips on the hood? My silver ice Impala LS 2010 has a ton of little stone chips on the hood and most people don't believe me until they see it. Good thing there hard to notice. I try not to look at the hood of my car, makes me disgusted.

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
I truly believe it's the shape of the Impala hood (8th gen at least) that causes so many chips. Instead of the "grill" catching all of the bugs and rocks, the front of the hood seems to catch them instead due to the shape! Oh well, such is life I guess... Personally, I mainly have dead bugs all over mine instead of rock chips, so it's not that big of a deal for me (at least not yet, I've only had it for a month or so!), just a pain in the a$$ to keep it looking nice.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I truly believe it's the shape of the Impala hood (8th gen at least) that causes so many chips. Instead of the "grill" catching all of the bugs and rocks, the front of the hood seems to catch them instead due to the shape! Oh well, such is life I guess... Personally, I mainly have dead bugs all over mine instead of rock chips, so it's not that big of a deal for me (at least not yet, I've only had it for a month or so!), just a pain in the a$$ to keep it looking nice.
That makes sense. Every time I wash my car I notice more chips on the hood. I really can't avoid them since I live in the city and drive on some crappy city streets. I purchased the car like that and the guy pointed them out. I could have bought one w/out the stone chips. Besides the stone chips the car is in great shape. It was a former fleet car which explains why my car has so many. I just avoid looking at my hood unless I either am washing the car or checking the fluids.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts