Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking under my 95 caprice 9c1 today wondering how many people have punched there cats and if they have had any good results from that alos thinking about dropping my muffler and straight piping my car is way to quiet half the battle of stomping on these ricers is for them to hear that lt1 350 passin there lil 4 cylinder coffee can exhaust...........

so has anyone straight piped there car and were they happy w/ the result

also i could just drop the rear muffler thats behind the rear bumper and maybe exit right behind the wheels or in front of them do u guys think that the second muffler would help w/ exhaust tone withought punching anything??? or buying aftermarkt x pipe mufflers etc thanx \
just trying to help my baby breath a little ( guess im going for the 65 starfire sound gotta love STOCK GLASS PACKS IN THA 60'S )LMAO:biggrin::eek::rolleyes::wink:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on i know theres peeps on here:biggrin::eek::wink::cool:

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
prob not aNy help, but i ditched my cats along time ago... can post a clip for you if you really like ;)
maybe go Hiflow cat (from jegs/summit if you need for visual inspections) or ditch them, go X-pipe and true duals to a magnaflow... sounds nice on a 4th gen (LT-1) F-body ;)

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i dk ive heard alot of f body and they get LOUD so i know my car has the potential i just dont like it be as quiet as it is you know :eek::biggrin::eek:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea the muffler swap will help me out alot its just i dont want to pay a muffler shop cus they like raping people so im jsut trying to get some backyard exhaust ideas ( i dont have emissions where i live now but that will probably change soon THANX OBAMA AND EVERYONE WHO VOTED FOR HIM NICE!!!!! (RETARDS) ( P.S. NOTHING TO DO W/ THIS FORUM BUT IM GETTING MY LEGAL AK AND SKS VERY VERY SOON GOTTA LOVE BEING GRANDFATHERED IN !!!!!!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
find a local mom and pop shop, theyre usually the best, Ive got a few ppl i trust around here for that stuff, I got my 3" mandrel ben setup for $250ish ;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
yea the muffler swap will help me out alot its just i dont want to pay a muffler shop cus they like raping people so im jsut trying to get some backyard exhaust ideas ( i dont have emissions where i live now but that will probably change soon THANX OBAMA AND EVERYONE WHO VOTED FOR HIM NICE!!!!! (RETARDS) ( P.S. NOTHING TO DO W/ THIS FORUM BUT IM GETTING MY LEGAL AK AND SKS VERY VERY SOON GOTTA LOVE BEING GRANDFATHERED IN !!!!!!

grandfathered in for what? SKS's weren't illegal last time I checked and neither were AK47s (provided they are made with the correct parts)

Everyone removes cats. Straight pipes too redneck sounded.

·
Registered
160 Posts
the muffs are off the shelf Caddy muffs i'm pretty sure so they are quiet and heavy, after the tail pipe is the resonator which helps with drone (or supposed to)

i replaced muffs with straight pipe and like it. personal preference thing.....and i'm cheap. :tongue:

my vids are on streetfire.net -> search muff delete

if you got cash i would go 2.5" pipe with H or X in the system with muffs of your taste i like spintech (LOUD).

have fun, try stuff, or keep reading this topic has been beaten to death on other forums.

-ALF out....

looking under my 95 caprice 9c1 today wondering how many people have punched there cats and if they have had any good results from that alos thinking about dropping my muffler and straight piping my car is way to quiet half the battle of stomping on these ricers is for them to hear that lt1 350 passin there lil 4 cylinder coffee can exhaust...........

so has anyone straight piped there car and were they happy w/ the result

also i could just drop the rear muffler thats behind the rear bumper and maybe exit right behind the wheels or in front of them do u guys think that the second muffler would help w/ exhaust tone withought punching anything??? or buying aftermarkt x pipe mufflers etc thanx
just trying to help my baby breath a little ( guess im going for the 65 starfire sound gotta love STOCK GLASS PACKS IN THA 60'S )LMAO:biggrin::eek::rolleyes::wink:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
grandfathered in for what? SKS's weren't illegal last time I checked and neither were AK47s (provided they are made with the correct parts)

Everyone removes cats. Straight pipes too redneck sounded.
well i dont know where u were in the last years but they just became LEGAL AGAIN within the last 5 or 6 years idk exactly and w/ the president and his little rampages there will be a bill soon that will make them illegal ( yea not just automatics ) unless you have bought 1 legally in the last years :cool:

the muffs are off the shelf Caddy muffs i'm pretty sure so they are quiet and heavy, after the tail pipe is the resonator which helps with drone (or supposed to)

i replaced muffs with straight pipe and like it. personal preference thing.....and i'm cheap. :tongue:

my vids are on streetfire.net -> search muff delete

if you got cash i would go 2.5" pipe with H or X in the system with muffs of your taste i like spintech (LOUD).

have fun, try stuff, or keep reading this topic has been beaten to death on other forums.

-ALF out....
yea it hasnt been addressed to much on this forum and i only am a member of this 1 :biggrin::eek: so just getting some voiced oppinions , yeah im def thinkin screw the loud factor ( which im kinda going for ) and either dumpin b4 the rear wheels w/ mufflers or straight piped how u did it i will be looking at your videos soon because i havent found to many on the net thanx

find a local mom and pop shop, theyre usually the best, Ive got a few ppl i trust around here for that stuff, I got my 3" mandrel ben setup for $250ish ;)
yea around 300 is what i would pay if i would name a price but why do that when i have access to a pipe bender and welder mig or tig????:eek::biggrin::smile:

·
Registered
197 Posts
well i dont know where u were in the last years but they just became LEGAL AGAIN within the last 5 or 6 years idk exactly and w/ the president and his little rampages there will be a bill soon that will make them illegal ( yea not just automatics ) unless you have bought 1 legally in the last years :cool:

the SKS was never labeled an assault weapon during the first AWB. Just nothing but nonsense. Except for CALIMANFIAONAIA and a few other states, new more restrictive gun laws ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE. They die the second they are introduced. 68 DEMOCRAT Reps have sent a joint letter to A.G. E.H. stating they are tired of these introduced pieces of garbage gun bills. Enough of it all ready I hear too much of it everyday.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:eek::eek:whatever im still stalk piling ;) shh dont tell anyone:biggrin:

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
I get NRA emails almost daily these days, shows just how many POS laws are trying to make a way to a vote. If people do not speak up in the correct manner, amendments will eventually be passed taking away those freedoms lawful citizens have......or at least those we have left.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I get NRA emails almost daily these days, shows just how many POS laws are trying to make a way to a vote. If people do not speak up in the correct manner, amendments will eventually be passed taking away those freedoms lawful citizens have......or at least those we have left.

I got my first phone call from the NRA a few weeks ago that I actually answered. They are just as worse as the apposing side. This guy was rambling on about the greatest threat to our 2A rights being HR45. I promply stopped the gentleman and informed him that that bill is going no where just like it's similiar versions for the past 4-5 yrs. Just trying to strike fear into people...

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
EXACTLY THOSE WE HAVE LEFT WHAT LITTLE WE DO:eek:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so my ongoing battle for a better breathing midly loud exhaust has come to great end...... i visited my local small town muffler shop ( i think theres only 1 in my town ) so whatever his price was i was gna go for anything under $70 dollars or so for the muffler delete

he quoted me $30!!!!!!!!!! :eek::biggrin::tongue::cool: hes an angel in mine and my caprices eyes lol so sometime this month i will be getting the muffler delete going on 240000 miles she should breath and sound a hell of alot better ill update everyone later w/ pics and maybe a sound clip if i can

·
Registered
140 Posts
There's some things that you shouldn't advertise on the interwebs.

Your collection of firearms is generally one of them.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol all i have to say to that is try to steal my caprice and see what happens :biggrin:

·
Registered
197 Posts
There's some things that you shouldn't advertise on the interwebs.

Your collection of firearms is generally one of them.

while not wise, there are 10s of thousands of gun owners on various websites. I dont think I've found one post yet linking to theft because criminals were stalking them on the net to see what they have.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok im done w/ the gun talk thats not y i started this thread so when i get my $30!!!!!!!!! muffler delete sometime this month i will take pictures and post them thank u:biggrin: maybe a sound clip but my digital camera doesnt record sound just vide wtf huh!!!! lol

1 - 20 of 54 Posts