Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I drove up a curb in a snowstorm and when coming off heard a bang... Well it's been clunking up front after hard acceleration. Today I had a chance to take a look at it and lol

ImageUploadedByAG Free1362790780.074627.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Drinks Gasoline
237 Posts
Yeah, a broken antisway mount will do that...

I had one broken frame-side on a truck once. Turning the way that made that side push against the frame was fine, but turning the other way made the bar float from the frame dangerously. No high speed left turns in that truck until it was fixed...

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Actually a broken sway bar link! Good luck getting that top bolt off though. Seriously I would go straight for the saw and cut the link in half. Replace both while your at it. I replaced my rear links with moog problem savers a while back and what a nightmare. Had to cut one of them off due to rounding the nut off. A 20min job took almost 2hrs. I am looking at replacing my fronts with the "MEVOTECH Part # MK5342" on rockauto.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Wow! Washer went bye-bye...

Reactions: auntjemima

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
glad it was a cheap and easy fix!

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Ouch those are toast! Did you replace both links? If not, you really should.

Did you head straight for the saw or did you get the nut off? Will be doing mine soon.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I changed both and the nut came right off. Took about 20 minutes for both sides.
Socket wrench or impact? I wish my rear links would have been that easy :yikes:

·
Super Moderator
10,775 Posts
With all the road salt your car is subject to , you should get it undercoated or at least spray paint the under side :WTF:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Wow...

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Mine looked roughly the same as yours, jemima. I just did mine last year, the first time they have been done. I tightened my new ones down till the nut bottomed out on the bolt thread. I did end up replacing both. My new ones came with a small metal tube to replace the middle plastic part that takes up the distance between the middle bushings, how about yours?

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Will be tackling mine this weekend! I bought mevotech's

1 - 20 of 20 Posts