Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, sorry to say, looks like my days as an Impala owner have come to an end. My 2015 2LTZ was a great car, but I got an offer on it I couldn’t refuse and traded for a 2020 GMC Acadia Denali. I never thought I would be a CUV guy, yet here I am. Who would have thought a global pandemic would be a great time to buy a new vehicle? Anyhow, thanks for the good times and great advice on this forum. Sad to say, but the Acadia forum kinda blows. Best wishes for a great summer and hopefully a future without face masks.

·
Super Moderator
3,939 Posts
That is what my wife would like to swap her 2014 Impala for.
She doesn't take good care though so I hate to take a beating on the value of her car due to the door dings and scratches.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
sold my 14 gimpala about 6 months ago...got a lexus IS350 Fsport....
ended up not liking it....got another impala....lol

·
Super Moderator
3,939 Posts
I imagine the Acadia is pretty much an Impala with a tall body?
Anyone know?
I know AWD is a thing but I would think given size they share a lot.
I say this because cars are like pizza, they use a few basic sets of mechanicals then change the toppings.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe it’s on the same platform as the Chevy Blazer and Cadillac XT5. The Chevy Traverse and XT6 ride on an extended wheelbase version of the same platform. The only thing on a platform similar to the Impala is the full-sized Cadillac sedan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, sorry to say, looks like my days as an Impala owner have come to an end. My 2015 2LTZ was a great car, but I got an offer on it I couldn’t refuse and traded for a 2020 GMC Acadia Denali. I never thought I would be a CUV guy, yet here I am. Who would have thought a global pandemic would be a great time to buy a new vehicle? Anyhow, thanks for the good times and great advice on this forum. Sad to say, but the Acadia forum kinda blows. Best wishes for a great summer and hopefully a future without face masks.
I hear you. The ride with my 2011 Impala came to an abrupt (rear) end six months ago when it was hit by a Jeep in a in a three-car chain-reaction collision caused by a drunk driver. I was sad to see it go but I did stay in the family, sort of, with a 2013 Buick LaCrosse, which is a platform sibling of the most recent Impalas. It's a great car but there are a few things I still miss about my Impala.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sad to say, but the Acadia forum kinda blows.
I had been initially looking at Acadias and joined that forum. But then the Moderator over there "Spleeneos" was so bad, and the participation so poor (at least partially attributable to him, I'm sure), that it actually turned me off to buying an Acadia.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My wife and I raded in our 2015 LTZ a couple weeks ago on a new Equinox.

I had bought the Impala brand new in December 2014, had about 75K miles at trade-in. My wife had become the primary driver of the Impala in late 2017 when I went electric.

We considered a Bolt to make it a "zero gas" household, and found a Bolt Premier at $15K off sticker, test drove it and didn't even want to leave the parking lot. It just felt tiny and cheap in comparison to the Impala, Equinox or my electric sedan.

Savings on the Equinox were only about half as much compared to the Bolt, but she's much happier with it - I think she'd have been miserable in the Bolt. (No power seats even on the loaded Bolt Premier, WTF?)

She prefers not having to "get down" into a sedan and prefers the "slide over" height of the Equinox. No crouching down or stepping up required.

Last Equinox forum I looked at was relatively inactive, with the first page having some threads untouched since November.

·
Super Moderator
3,939 Posts
What do you drive?

·
Registered
48 Posts
sold my 14 gimpala about 6 months ago...got a lexus IS350 Fsport....
ended up not liking it....got another impala....lol
Well yea when you switch from a full size sedan to a compact I wouldnt like it either.

·
Registered
231 Posts
What do you drive?
A 2015 Tesla Model S P85D, but even if I hadn't owned one, the Bolt would still have felt very cheap compared to an Impala.
Tesla cars aren't perfect, but they're the best EV on the market today. They have a huge jump on the competition at this point.

Reactions: sheila

·
Super Moderator
3,939 Posts
I drive a 2014 P85 for almost 3 years now. Wife's 2014 Impala is definitely more reliable despite 10k more miles but I still love the Tesla.

Reactions: sheila

·
Registered
231 Posts
A Tesla is essentially a UPS-supplied computer on wheels. I've maybe been able to get two to three weeks in between having to do the "reboot" procedure.
Compare this to maybe having to pull the radio fuse two to three times during my ownership to fix an "infotainment" problem with the Impala.
Also, earlier on I thought being able to update firmware via wireless connection would be great for the Impala. Tesla owners know from experience that firmware updates are a double-edged knife when it comes to bugs and "upgraded" functionality!
But that Ludicrous instant torque, makes you forget everything.

·
Super Moderator
3,939 Posts
IMO the computer on wheels is overstated unless you are talking autopilot or FSD.
My car predates those features which certainly affects my opinion.
The computing power to balance engine parameters on a modern engine are a hell of a lot more than an electric motor or charging a battery. The infotainment is nothing more impressive than an old smartphone just with a giant screen.

Having NAV always up to date is awesome.

The firmware updates OTA are as you said a mixed bag winter supercharging speed was slashed on my car, the games and such added are nothing more than novelties.

I do not often need to reboot, but again my car predates AP so it has less going on.

I had an AWD loaners and even in 2" of slush hated the way it felt with the front scrambling for traction independent of the rear. Don't get me wrong I know I would adapt but for now really like the RWD feel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts