Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting my car serviced and was looking around the lot just to kill time. A salesmen comes up to me and ask, what car do I have, I told him the 18 Impala. He was saying how that's an amazing car and the 2019 is the last year they're making them. I though tit was the 2020 model year. Can someone confirm when they will stop production of the Impala as a whole?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I heard from my dealership the same thing. I picked up a 2019 premier midnight edition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Chevrolet Volt Production at an End, But Impala and CT6 Get Reprieve
Posted By GMbeat 96 Days Ago on Articles

https://www.auto123.com - Production of the Chevrolet Volt officially ceased this past February 15 at the Detroit-Hamtrach plant. The Impala and Cadillac’s CT6, which were to suffer the same fate this coming June, will continue to be produced until January 2020.
Got the information from http://www.gmbeat.com/

·
Registered
306 Posts
Adaptive cruise never had it. So I’m not missing not having it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would have loved to get the most recent generation when I purchased my Impala last year. All the reviews rave about the newer Impalas (2014-2019). Still can't believe it has had such a decline in sales and is being terminated.
What I eneded up getting was the 2016 Limited version of the previous generation that they kept making until mid 2016 for rental agencies. Since mine was manufactured in May 2016, it may be one of the last of that generation Impala to be produced. The drivetrain is essentially the same as the new generation, but per all the online reviews, the fit and finish was lacking. It has a few of the modern features like remote start, mp3 plug in, and sirius radio (I always drive used cars, so to me, these are new fangled features).
Still, for the $5,000 less than the cost of the same year next genration Impala, I got a great car with low miles and a certified warranty. I will just have to look longingly at all the "last??" generation of Impalas I see driving around. Despite the low sales numbers, I live in Michigan, so American branded cars like the Impala and Taurus are all over the place.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would have loved to get the most recent generation when I purchased my Impala last year. All the reviews rave about the newer Impalas (2014-2019). Still can't believe it has had such a decline in sales and is being terminated.
What I eneded up getting was the 2016 Limited version of the previous generation that they kept making until mid 2016 for rental agencies. Since mine was manufactured in May 2016, it may be one of the last of that generation Impala to be produced. The drivetrain is essentially the same as the new generation, but per all the online reviews, the fit and finish was lacking. It has a few of the modern features like remote start, mp3 plug in, and sirius radio (I always drive used cars, so to me, these are new fangled features).
Still, for the $5,000 less than the cost of the same year next genration Impala, I got a great car with low miles and a certified warranty. I will just have to look longingly at all the "last??" generation of Impalas I see driving around. Despite the low sales numbers, I live in Michigan, so American branded cars like the Impala and Taurus are all over the place.
The newer generation Impalas as way more comfortable inside, bigger back seating area and more comfortable seats for road trips, but only have positions for 2 car seats vs 3 for the Limited, have very poor rear visibility due to the high back end, which is a deal breaker for some folks, and annoying transmission gearing. They might really come down in price after next year though.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Look at the bright side - the "old" Impala has been around for a LONG time. Any issues are well known, cheap and easy to fix. Whereas they are still finding new issues with the latest version (such as the recent side-detection failure issues). Personally, I tend to prefer "tried and true" over "latest and greatest" - always have.

Either way though, it sucks that the Impala is going away. I do wonder how long it will be before it makes a comback though. After all, they have quit making the Impala before - only for it to return at a later date. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
It was originally believed that the Impala was facing down outright discontinuation as part of the closure of GM’s Detroit-Hamtramck plant as well as the automaker’s ongoing global restructuring efforts. The sedan was believed to be headed to the chopping block alongside the Chevrolet Volt, Chevrolet Cruze, Buick LaCrosse, Cadillac CT6 and Cadillac XTS.

However, it now appears as though the Impala, plus the CT6, will actually live on, at least for the time being. That said, the Detroit-Hamtramck plant is at the center of contract negotiations between the UAW and GM, which place the fate of the Impala and CT6 at the center of the maelstrom as well.

We’ll be sure to cover all the latest developments on this story as they happens, so subscribe to GM Authority for more Chevrolet Impala news, Chevrolet news and around-the-clock GM news coverage.

Copied this from Google news, GM Authority

·
Registered
111 Posts
Chevy Impala — here's what's in store for its final year
You'll pay more because Chevrolet eliminated slow-selling base trim

Chevrolet will retire the Impala nameplate after the 2020 model year, production is scheduled to end early in the calendar year, and odds are the venerated name is not coming back unless it resurfaces on a crossover. The sedan is going out with a bang, at least from your bank account's perspective.

It's not that the price has gone up, exactly, it's just that ordering information published by Cars Direct confirms the 2020 Impala range will not include a four-cylinder engine. And the entry-level, airport rental-spec LS trim is gone, and the lineup is down to two levels, LT and Premier. Both are exclusively available with the V6 engine.

So the shuffle brings the cost of the entry-level Impala up to $32,495, including $875 destination charge. That figure represents a significant $3,600 increase over the 2019 model, which started at $28,895 after adding the same destination charge when buyers selected the base LS trim equipped with a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine. The price of the V6-powered Impala LT has only gone up by $5 between the 2019 and 2020 model years, however.

Cars Direct learned from a Chevrolet spokesperson that the LT and Premier trims represent about 90 percent of Impala production, so getting rid of the cheapest trim won't have a major effect on sales. Pricing aside, the Impala enters its final model year with no significant changes. Its V6 is the ubiquitous 3.6-liter unit tuned to 305 horsepower and 264 pound-feet of torque. It spins the front wheels via a six-speed automatic transmission, and it returns a respectable 28 mpg on the highway.

The 2020 Chevrolet Impala will begin arriving on dealer lots in the coming weeks. Act fast if you want one; there won't be a 2021 Impala. America's waning interest in full-size sedans has consigned this heritage nameplate to the automotive attic, and a direct successor isn't in the pipeline.

Autoblog - 09/25/2019

·
Registered
73 Posts
Jan will be the end of Impala production as a 2020 model. As Bowtie stated the 4 banger is gone (due to long term reliability expectations on final run) and a possible new color or two, phasing out two. Ten to one will also be known as collector editions, last 500 produced (GM has done that in the past).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jan will be the end of Impala production as a 2020 model. As Bowtie stated the 4 banger is gone (due to long term reliability expectations on final run) and a possible new color or two, phasing out two. Ten to one will also be known as collector editions, last 500 produced (GM has done that in the past).
I read last week on Autoblog that the last Impala will roll off the assembly line at Hamtramck on February 28. Looks like the strike bought Impala an extra month of production.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts