Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got a pair of ss taillight covers and now i want to smoke out/tint the red taillights...whats the best route to do that...do i just go to a tint shop and get them to tint the circle lights or i have also heard of spray on tint..what are yalls suggestions?

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
I used spray on tint. But if I'm correct, from the way You say It, You have a 00-05 impala?

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
Hell yeah, well welcome to the forum.

But this is the spray.

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
on my 2000 ls i was thinkin of match spraying the middle part (trunk lip part) and then tinting the brake lights. but have a impala logo in the middle of the brake lights w/o tint. get it?

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Yeah, you could buy some C-Pillar emblems, them use those as the stencil for your brake light.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I know i could 'buy' the emblems, i dont really wanna have to purchase anything extra :/ i was gonna look and see if i would be able to print out a pic and size it maybe. ionno.

but you get what im talkin about right?

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Yeah, I know. There was someone who did something similar on NAIOA a year or so ago.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
ahh you're an sshole man haha jk. but i totally wanted to do something like that on my 7th gen i was planning to print a pic of the emblem so it would be about the size of the circle that is the light, then trace it onto contact paper or something. paint over that then peel it off. cept mine woulda been silver n black, not silver n red. do it bro, i wanna see

·
Registered
195 Posts
lol. sorry man, i just got tired of seein the same ol' plain ol' tinting :) it may still be another week or two before i try. i dont get my first check from my new job until this friday and i got plans for that money (bills, life, etc. :D ) maybe the week after.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts