Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the deal. My 96 will not pass smog, actually it wont even fully test for everything, it keeps getting rejected. i replaced the passenger side converter becuase the codes were popping up leading me to the converter. I have cleared the codes in the computer, the check engine light has not come on again. What do I have to do to get the car to even go through a fulll smog check. Im starting to have withdrawls from dirving the cae. PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was having P0430 bank 2 pop up, so I replaced my passsenger side converter. I disconnected the negative side of the battery for about 5 minutes to clear the computer, and still when trying to get the car smogged, the smpg tech tells me that it wont test pass the OBD catlyst portion of the test. I really dont want to take my car to dealership, cause they tend charge a lot.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
First off taking off the terminals will not reset the computer in OBD2. Have your computer codes cleared, add good gas and maybe some injector cleaner then perform a drive cycle....basically get in your car and drive it on the streets and highway for half hour or more to get all the "readiness" portions of the emissions system ready for test.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts