Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been going through Impala withdrawls the last few weeks anyway as I delivered the car to my Son-in-law. He had been very much enjoying it down in N.C. until some lady in a black SUV took out 5 cars including the drivers side of the 9C1! She is insured so hopefully it will all be fine, but dang! He's flying up here Friday for the wedding Saturday so hopefully they can get it all fixed in the next couple weeks before my Daughter moves down.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

After all that work, and all done just recently too! Talk about a kick to the nuts!

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
All I see is a little red X...

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
That's too bad. All that work and passion.....well, gone. At least the car wasn't totaled. Was he in the car?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, he got a cut on his leg and he's pretty sore in his neck and shoulders. I don't know if the side bags deployed or not. He had a passenger who's pretty sore too. She was going way over the limit and talking on the cell phone. Then 3 minutes later her husband shows up in another car and claims he was in the car and it's all my Son-in-laws fault. Luckilly there were 4 other independant witnesses who saw the whole thing and says it's all her fault. Still we only have liability, so if it get drawn out in a legal thing the car doesn't get fixed till it's settled.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Dude that sucks!!! Hopefully they can fix her up and all will be well. Hope all involved don't suffer any permanent injuries other than the stupid twat that hit them

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Then 3 minutes later her husband shows up in another car and claims he was in the car and it's all my Son-in-laws fault. Luckilly there were 4 other independant witnesses who saw the whole thing and says it's all her fault.
:yikes: he's a better man than I, I would have stabbed the fucker in the heart if he pulled that shit on me! that piece of shit should have been arrested after the 4 witnesses spoke up against his false claims! :gaah: Man that shit really burns me up inside!

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Damn, that is lucky there were witnesses. Hopefully it all works out well and quick.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it's offical. Geico, the lady's insurance company is going to fight the claim. In North Carolina if they can demonstrate even the slightest fault on my Son's part then they can deny paying any part of the claim. NC is one of only 5 states that still have these crappy rules on the books. There is no way our insurance will have to pay any of her claims as it is clear she has alot of fault. We only have liability so our insurance company will not have to pay our damages either so bacially without getting our own lawyer nobody is going to fight for us.

On a positive note there is another MT Highway Patrol Impala up for auction that was used as a training car (hammered on badly) with a broken front suspension but a great black body with a current bid of $950. Worst case I could buy that, one new rim, and have most of what I need to fix the other car, sell the 9c1 wheels off of it and other parts and have a pretty cheap repair... except the cars are 2000 miles apart! LOL!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts