Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where abouts you can get the SLP Loudmouth 2 exhaust for the Impala / Monte Carlo?

I've seen a few people post some videos to Youtube with them equipped, however, no parts website shows them as available for the Impala. Not sure if you can simply order a system for another car and have it work with this.

Thanks

07 Monte Carlo with SLP Loudmouth 2 Exhaust:

·
Registered
545 Posts
im pretty sure that would just exactley like crap. slp loud mouth sound bad even on vettes.

You might as well just cut the muffler off and say you have a slp loud mouth, they are pretty much muffled straight pipes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im pretty sure that would just exactley like crap. slp loud mouth sound bad even on vettes.

You might as well just cut the muffler off and say you have a slp loud mouth, they are pretty much muffled straight pipes.

No other exhaust has the low rumble to it like the SLP, from what I've found.

Not looking for a high pitched crackle & whine like Magnaflow or some of the Flowmasters I've heard.

Not sure if some weird combination of resonator delete + catback or catback + resonator, or what-have-you will allow me to achieve a low sound.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Might sound better if was out in the open instead of the sound bouncing off of the houses.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Slp makes some bad ass mufflers.
Would be nice if I could find them somewheres, lol.
This would be my first car putting an exhaust on, and so far I'm 0-1 on doing so.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ebay?? Also spintech makes some.really bad ass sounding mufflers like slp.

No luck there.
I work at a car dealership and none of my parts sources even show exhaust systems for the 8th gen Impala other than Magnaflow.

I did come across a video on youtube of a guy with stock exhaust - just a resonator delete. Sounded pretty decent. Might try that until I can find what I'm really looking for.

·
Registered
545 Posts
if its for the for SS in your sig, i ran race bullits on mine. had more agressive tone but not crazy crazy loud.. only thing that sucked was in the V4 mode it made some noise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts