Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems like the questions never stop flowing from me lol. I was wondering if this slp exhaust system would work on my 02 impala ls 3.8? Heres the link:
http://www.3800performance.com/Merc...X_LM_SLASH&Category_Code=ES_H&Product_Count=9

it look like ive seen people put this on their same year impala. Just wanted to make sure and see if anyone around here has done it? thanks for any input.

Is there any chain store that that sells SLP exhaust or do i have to buy direct from them?

·
Registered
358 Posts
it looks like the applications only say grandprix gt,gtp,ect. and if you look @ the left side of the page and click on 2000+impala the only catbacks are corsa for some big money. jus get some headers first you will get more power.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
i have the SLP kit on my 3.4 and the only thing i had to do was, just like 04DetroitLS said, get some new hangers up for the drivers side.

·
Registered
375 Posts
If it works on the 00-05 Monte, it works on the 00-05 Impala. You'll need to buy a hangar (10-20 bucks) to support the additional exhaust pipe/muffler.

The GMPP kit also works, although it doesn't explicitly list the Impala on there.

I have the GMPP kit on my car, as do many others.

It's true that member Hotsauce from NAIOA has the SLP kit installed on his 3.4L Impala.

You can buy headers, as 05SS45 said, but you're not going to be turning huge horsepower numbers from headers alone.

If you intend to do a lot of motor mods or go F/I later on, you should make up a game plan now to decide if headers fit into your plan or not.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Should work, I have an 04 ls and my friend has a gtp and besides for his being super charged and the transmission having a different transmission differential there is hardly any difference between the two.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
FWIW, even drop kits from GPs will work, but the drop rate may vary from what is advertised on the spring
ie a gp 1.8 drop mayby a 2.0 drop when thte spring is put n an Impala ;
)

·
Registered
657 Posts
wrong thread detroit, were talking about exhaust over here. put the pipe down. :smile:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts