Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a 2012 Impala LT with the 3.6 engine in Jan. of 2018. It is low mileage, 32,000 and love the car. It's a huge improvement over the 2004 we had bought new. Anyway, I am noticing on take off, while backing out of a parking space or garage and turning the wheel, then going forward, tbat at times the car seems to slip for a minute, and sometimes makes a noise likecthe traction slip system came on for a second. Any ideas of what this may be?

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
This is most likely a wheel speed sensor wiring issue. It's a pretty common issue on these cars. I had to replace the wiring on my drivers side at pretty low mileage (under 50k, I think). Thankfully, you can get replacement pigtails pretty cheap and they are pretty easy to replace. Typically, if it happens when turning right, it's the drivers side and when turning left, it's usually the passenger side (but not always). A lot of times, you cannot *see* anything wrong with the wiring - I was able to confirm which side was the issue with a digitial mutlimeter (see thread below for more details).

Here is a post about it when I replace mine and I'm sure you can find other posts about the issue if you search the forum:

https://www.impalaforums.com/showthread.php?p=2942562

1 - 3 of 3 Posts