·
The Unscrupulous Lt. Colonel
1,077 Posts
Time to brush fellas,:lol:

Just jiving

·
1,077 Posts
Only happens when the heat or air are turned on I heard .

Are your cars equipped with a cabin air filter? I heard those can smell funky if not changed:dunno:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
If it only happens with the blower on, it is usually a mouse that made a nest in the blower fan. Once you turn it on, diced mouse. Eventually it starts to stink, this only happens with cars that sit for periods of time. The fix is for someone to clean everything out and use a deodorizer in the air ducts.

·
1,077 Posts
Tell the passenger to close her legs....

sorry, couldnt resist... did I cross the line?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... Lmafo:lol::lol::lol::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::giggle::giggle::giggle:

How could you resist????

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Test drove a 2007 impala lt 73,000miles has a skunk smell that I've been reading about. No one knows how to fix... also heard about a bad rear suspension. What do you suggest please.
I am glad to hear that you are working with your local dealership regarding this concern. Please feel free to keep us posted regarding this concern. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
For starters, there is not a common skunk smell in our cars. There is a funk smell from bacteria in the cabin filters sometimes - but nothing like skunk. The diced up mouse theory is a good one, as is Alfredos "theory". I would START by taking out the cabin air filter. It is easy - located in engine compartment on passenger side near cowl. Then, with car running and filter out , spray lysol in the chamber, several times. Then replace the filter with a new one. I do this annually to get rid of the common AC smell funk. Again, nothing like skunk though.

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
That was by far the best answer. Haha.

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
Best way to help is to send some of that my way. Haha.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
This really isn't the place for stoner talk guys.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts