Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
:confused:what do u mean sit crooked????? like the rear wheels arent centered or u jst mean the tilt of the body itself????:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have two BRM's and They both seem to be leaning to the pass side while sitting in the driver seat.I measured and they both set the same from pass to driver measuring from top of the outside fenderwell to the pavement or concrete.I think it is an allusion of the curve of the body.Go to walmart with a tape measure and check.You may have a weak spring.

·
Registered
51 Posts
What? Why can't he just measure it outside his house? Does walmart have a special car measuring area or something?

lmfao!
Nahh, but they (usually) have a smoother, flatter lot than the average driveway...still, made me laugh right out loud on that:biggrin:

Maybe before you measure, inspect springs and tires to make sure everything is on order?
Is there any heavy subwoofer boxes in the trunk that could cause a lean?
dead bodies? sand bags? etc etc

double double check everything....even go as far as determine if the car has ever been in a wreck...bent frame? it can go on and on..

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
yeah the dead bodies always make my shit set to one side lmao .... yeah def inspect to see if ur car has been in a wreck mine was but ive never measured the wheel wells from the ground ( specially in walmart parking lot ) walmarts useless for car stuff anyways lol :cool:

·
Registered
741 Posts
lean like a cholo

Our cars are suppose to ride with a gangsta lean...

Mine does that too. When I measure from the ground to the wheel well. It is off about a half inch. i can't remember which side was sitting lower. But I am looking into getting some new springs, ball joints and alignment.

Heat your springs on the high side to get them at the same level as the other.lol.kidding. maybe a temp fix till you get new springs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 96 Impala did the lean to the side also. I changed out the frt. springs and it solved the problem. I almost never have a passenger in the car maybe that why it only leaned to one side? Not sure, but springs did fix it. Good luck - Lance

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
The front springs are different from eachother and done retardely, the stiffer one is on the passenger side supposedly to account for the battery and AC. Fails to consider a LOT of the time a car has just a driver and no passenger.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well I rebuilt the front end on my car this week (upper & lower ball joints, all new steering components and some Hotchkis dropped springs) AND THE FRIGGIN CAR STILL LEANS TO THE PASSENGER SIDE!!!:mad: What the hell is going on!?

It also looks like the front passenger tire is set in at the top of the tire considerably more than the driver side. I noticed this before all the work was done and I thought the ball joints would fix this problem. After spending all this time and cash I still have the same problems, but the car just sits lower now! :mad: Could it be the body bushings? Upper control arm bushings? Is anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Took the car to the alignment shop last weekend and they said all the suspension measurments lined up perfectly. The only other thing it can be are body bushings I guess!? Got some on the way from Summit Racing...God I hope this fixes the problem!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
What ever happened with this? Was it body bushings? Keep us posted.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What ever happened with this? Was it body bushings? Keep us posted.
Body bushings seemed to do the job! I still have a tiny bit of lean, but nothing like it was. The passenger side front wheel/tire still seems like it's set in more. Almost like THAT wheel has a differnet backspacing or something....Weird, but I guess I can live with it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts