Impala Forums banner

661 - 664 of 664 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
What's the best manual out there for a novice starting from scratch on getting a 1968 Impala back up and running? I know Helm is supposed to be the way to go, but from what I can tell, they didn't start on Impalas until 1972.

·
Registered
598 Posts
What's the best manual out there for a novice starting from scratch on getting a 1968 Impala back up and running? I know Helm is supposed to be the way to go, but from what I can tell, they didn't start on Impalas until 1972.
These might help.

1968 CHEVROLET IMPALA 7.0L 427cid V8 Repair Manual | RockAuto

Chilton makes one as well (they make good manuals) but I can't find one for the 68 Impala. You might have better luck.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Question, it was about 15F this morning and I tried to remote start my car. It didn't want to start. Tried it again, same thing. The lights flashed, I heard the starter try to go, but it didn't start.

Got in to my car and it started just fine. It may have hesitated half a second due to the cold, but otherwise started just fine. Drove to work, turned the car off, got out and tried the remote start again. It worked just fine. The remote starter has been working like a charm this past week, and the last time I used it was actually last night.

Does anybody have any idea what's going on? 15F isn't too stupidly cold for the car I don't think.

Note: I've suspected that a cell in my battery is *starting* to die, but I do not know why that would cause the remote start to fail when a key start worked just fine. Going off of the battery idea, the headlights were on when I used the key (approach lighting), whereas they were off when I tried the remote start. Shouldn't the headlights being on have even further reduced available voltage for the starter?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I moved the question to its own thread in the 8th Gen forums. Thanks!

661 - 664 of 664 Posts