581 - 600 of 664 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
I use Lucas or SeaFoam fuel additives.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I change oil every 5k miles so one with the oil change and again around 2500 miles.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I used to seafoam all the time. Started reading around more and tried out the B12 and immediately noticed a difference. Defiantly improved the car mechanically. And it's always on sale for ~$2.50 compared to the ~$6 of seafoam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've actually never put any cleaner in my gas tank. Does it matter if you put it before you fill up or into a full tank of gas?

·
Registered
838 Posts
It's concentrated for a full tank, more or less, depending on capacity, so I'd add it after you fill up. If you're thinking filling the tank will help mix it, driving does that just fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
trying to figure out where the vacuum hoses go to on the solenoid that's next to the secondary air injection pump/air pump/smog pump. the one that's on the hose coming from the pump going to the exhaust broke off so i know one goes there but where does the other one go.

96 SS impala

·
Registered
4 Posts
A/c buzzing noise

Buzzing noise when a/c is on/off and gets worse if I shift to drive/reverse. It's been like this for awhile probably 5 months or so. Summer is approaching and I live in Tx so, yea..Also there is a belt squeal the one left of the engine (is that the serpentine belt?); sprayed a little lube on it almost everyday since it occurred 2 weeks ago and it's not as loud. When I replaced my thermostat a few months back I used the Prestone 50/50 (yellow container) to fill up and I didn't notice I was suppose to use Prestone DEX-COOL 50/50. Did I mess up my car? If so how long until it's ruined. I've been broke since I do support myself and have school, I know I'm suppose to get these things fixed pronto just been struggling:bang:

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Buzzing noise when a/c is on/off and gets worse if I shift to drive/reverse. It's been like this for awhile probably 5 months or so. Summer is approaching and I live in Tx so, yea..Also there is a belt squeal the one left of the engine (is that the serpentine belt?); sprayed a little lube on it almost everyday since it occurred 2 weeks ago and it's not as loud. When I replaced my thermostat a few months back I used the Prestone 50/50 (yellow container) to fill up and I didn't notice I was suppose to use Prestone DEX-COOL 50/50. Did I mess up my car? If so how long until it's ruined. I've been broke since I do support myself and have school, I know I'm suppose to get these things fixed pronto just been struggling:bang:

If I were you I would get that coolant mix out as quickly as possible. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that mixing the new will cause a sludge. Was the fluid in the yellow container yellow? Completely drain it, flush it out with water then refill with a 50/50 of DEXCOOL.

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
If it's yellow Prestone, it will say "mix with any color" on the bottle, it SHOULD be okay. If it's green, that's bad

·
Registered
516 Posts
Maybe a stupid question but, I got around to actually looking at my spare tire and tool kit today doing the first check in 2 years and I noticed what the owners manual calls a jack extension? What is the purpose of this?

·
Registered
328 Posts
So I had my plugs and wires replaced not even a month ago and other day it stalled out then was stuck in 8cyl mode. Took it in and it was a misfired plug, so they replaced the plug free of charge. The plug looked bad, had oil in it. They suggested taking a look at the valves. Said it would be 8 hours labor. Any suggestions? Could it be the DOD/AFM spitting oil into the plugs?
I'm

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, finally have a prob i can't figure out. Have an '01 Impala 3400 sfi and it has given me no probs except for the turn indicators. I pulled into my parking space the other afternoon. Preparing. to charge my a/c after repairing a leak. The motor suddenly started to chatter and then it would run smooth. Had what looked like oil smoke coming from the area right behind where the thermostat is mounted. Could not see where it is originating from and it is not heavy. But in the 1 1/2. I have had this car never found an oil spot beneath it. It has 168,××× on it and has been running like a top. Oil is still clear from last change at 165,000. There was no warning, just started to chatter for a few seconds and then run smooth for about the same length of time. It seemed to coincide with when the a/c compressor kicked in, but after turning the a/c off it continued with no change. Now it won't start. I was thinking it jumped timing or the compressor was overloading the engine. Any ideas would be appreciated. I am retired on Social Security and small VA pension so not a lot of extra cash for repairs. Have completely rebuilt 350's 327's and 302's so have a working knowledge of chevy motors. I will probably have to do the work myself.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
10,899 Posts
So I had my plugs and wires replaced not even a month ago and other day it stalled out then was stuck in 8cyl mode. Took it in and it was a misfired plug, so they replaced the plug free of charge. The plug looked bad, had oil in it. They suggested taking a look at the valves. Said it would be 8 hours labor. Any suggestions? Could it be the DOD/AFM spitting oil into the plugs?
I'm

I believe that issue is documented on here someplace that the DOD is associated with oil consumption/plug foul.
Some people have had it disabled within an Overkill tune.
I also think you have have the dealer disable it as well but not sure of that.
There are a number of folks that have also installed a catch can in the PVC circuit to collect oil to prevent it from depositing on the valve backs.
Sounds as if your valve seals are pumping past them pretty well though. I would look into the "disable" feature and see if it helps before spending a ton of $$$'s on head work.
IMO that is .

·
Registered
20 Posts
help.. 2007 chevy impala

When I try to start my car, only a click is heard and my power completely dies, then the key will get stuck in the ignition. I have to disconnect and reconnect battery to get them out. Had battery checked it was read good so I'm assuming its the starter. I hope so because I already ordered one...:bang:

·
Registered
838 Posts
Possibly the shift lock solenoid or an unplugged/broken wire at the solenoid. It's under the center console, here's a video.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Random small problem. So my cd player has never worked for some reason, maybe a disc is stuck in it from previous owner , who knows, but I pressed the load disc/eject button by accident now when I turn the car on it makes the loading disc noise and I can't figure out how to stop that from happening? Any suggestions? Should I disconnect battery to restart it or is there a button I'm missing, any help appreciated

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Mhmm. That's weird man. I would try disconnecting the battery to see if that helps at all. Have you tried looking to see if there is a CD stuck in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

581 - 600 of 664 Posts