Impala Forums banner

41 - 60 of 664 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Anyone know where I can find one of those rubber trunk mats that say impala on them or have the impala logo on them?? I'm kinda tired of the crappy stock carpet trunk mat.
Gm accessories store online.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
My `91 caprice 350 motor Idles at 2000 rpm. Someone told me this is normal for a motor this size, i don't believe him though. I think this is a problem and too high. Thought it should be 600-800.

Does anybody actually know what my rpms should be?
Around 1000 is ok for idle in park or neutral, you are supposed to set the idle in drive though, should be about 600 or so.

·
Registered
418 Posts
My car idles at about 8-900 when in park and it's cold. Once it warms up it can sit in drive idling at about 5-600.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Okay I feel really retarded asking this but here I go... I changed the oil in my car last week and I can't seem to reset that oil life censor. You turn the key to ON and press the gas 3 times then turn it off, right?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
What is your car again? On an 8th gen, you do it through the DIC, it's pretty self explanatory. 7th gen it's through the radio, key on, radio off, press and hold the button in the center of the tuning knob till "settings" appears on the display, press the track forward button till it says "oil life", press the center of the volume knob to reset, then exit.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Okay I feel really retarded asking this but here I go... I changed the oil in my car last week and I can't seem to reset that oil life censor. You turn the key to ON and press the gas 3 times then turn it off, right?
I have not had that reset system on a GM since my 99 Tahoe. LOL.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Oh sorry yeah its a 7th gen and the thing is...I have an Alpine radio... but Ive had the radio for like a year so Ive reset that censor before.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

·
Registered
80 Posts
Around 1000 is ok for idle in park or neutral, you are supposed to set the idle in drive though, should be about 600 or so.
How do i set it? Or can i even set it with a TBI?

And the idle is always 2000... cold, warm,drive, park, or neutral. Ever since i bought it it's been like that, even when it DID run good.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Snakes, in that case I believe the gas pedal is the only way. Key on engine off, pump it 3 times rapidly, if I remember right that is the way to do it, but for some reason it doesn't always seem to work.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
It has to be pumped rapidly and to the floor.... if it works.... thats how it was in the Tahoe.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Snakes, in that case I believe the gas pedal is the only way. Key on engine off, pump it 3 times rapidly, if I remember right that is the way to do it, but for some reason it doesn't always seem to work.
It has to be pumped rapidly and to the floor.... if it works.... thats how it was in the Tahoe.
Thats exactly what I tried, might not of been fast enough...

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
there might have been something about key position too, or turning the key to off, then start but no crank, been a long time, sorry, maybe look up like a mid 90s gm manual for giudance.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
sorry for not responding. i pulled the light control all the way out then pushed it all the way in three times ( four for good measure) it worked. multiple times. but ive been told that it doesnt work. but hey cant hurt
to try it right?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Finally I got it!! Wooo! I dont think it the speed of which you press the pedal its the fact that you have to keep the key to ON, so yeah turn key to ON, fully press gas pedal 3 times and watch it go away.

And sorry WallyLO I guess it will have to be for another time :p

41 - 60 of 664 Posts