Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 664 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I was thinking about this for a while now.

Instead of making a new thread just for, example, "How much does a hood cost?", you could just post it in this thread and someone will answer the question. So any short and simple questions just post them here.

So if you guys like this idea, maybe make it a sticky thread...?

So I guess I could start off how long is the "Impala" badge that was on the side doors of the '03's?

·
Registered
412 Posts
So I guess I could start off how long is the "Impala" badge that was on the side doors of the '03's?
GM# 10402454 about 20 inches long depending if you have the ss or not

..... a couple questions

If i get an ss cluster do i have to program the mileage?

yes you have two options...you can either send it to this guy BBEngineering Impala / Monte Carlo Products
or bring it to the dealer

whats the wheel size that fit impalas 2000-2005?

5x115
NOT 5x114.5

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Has anybody tried putting HIDs in their 06+ Impala?
Yes, DDM tuning is the most popular.

Will it be tough to disable my DRL?

No, they are disabled with a pull of a fuse.

Does Customer Service on this board actually help with anything?
No.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Very simple and stupid question, is the key for the ignition supposed to work for the door? I got two keys when I bought it, and neither work for the door so I have been using keyless. I'm assuming that the lock is just eff'ed, any idea on the best way to correct that? Replace the lock my self or take it to a pro?

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
even if you replace the tumbler yourself, you will still need a locksmith to "key" it to your key, so one way or another you need a pro, might as well have them do the whole thing..

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Swapping the lock isn't hard or time consuming, but yeah, it would need to be correctly keyed first.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Yeah thats what I figured I should do, just gotta make sure my keyless fob dosen't die before getting around to it. :biggrin:
Till then keep an extra battery in your wallet.

·
Registered
418 Posts
So how much does a stock hood for a 1994 Impala cost anyways? Where's the cheapest? A new one and not a junkyard or scrap car one..

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Is there even any aftermarket support for B-Body replacement body panels? I'm thinking like, the "LMC Truck" type support for the 6th gens? Or is it all NOS/junkyard/partouts that a person has to look forward to?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Instructions needed to change '94 Caprice front springs

I have a '94 Caprice (ex Law Enforcement model) sedan that has had lowering springs put on the front. It looks good, but drives terrible. I want to put the original springs back on, but would like some instructions, printed or video. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
So how much does a stock hood for a 1994 Impala cost anyways? Where's the cheapest? A new one and not a junkyard or scrap car one..
I got mine for like 150. Can't remember where though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
So I got this tiny surface rust spot right in the middle of the shiny trunk trim thing, I have in the past rubbed it off w/ clay but how would I remove the piece and go about fixing it for good?

1 - 20 of 664 Posts