Impala Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 2016 Impala LTZ and on my dash warning light comes up and says - "Service :
Side detections system"
I just hit dismiss but it comes on every time I start the car.
Do you think it's for a bad sensor?
I guess those things go bad, since my tire pressure sensors are going bad.

Now, I have full warranty, including electrical system, so maybe it needs looking at. :(

Rich

·
Registered
2014 Impala LT w/2LT 3.6L (10th Gen.)
42 Posts
Hey guys,

I have a 2016 Impala LTZ and on my dash warning light comes up and says - "Service :
Side detections system"

Now, I have full warranty, including electrical system, so maybe it needs looking at. :(

Rich
There is a TSB that addresses this issue, but I don't have the number handy. Problem is caused by corrosion in the detection module wiring connectors as I recall. Time to take a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Hey guys,

Side detections system"

Rich

GM also issued a Satisfaction Campaign (extended warranty) for this feature. I have a 2014 Impala 2LTZ and received a letter about it (extended by time and mileage). The TSB and campaign instructs the dealer to repair the car at no cost if within the limits of the extended time and mileage.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks, I will ask the dealer when I have time.
What's a TSB?
Is that Satisfaction Campaign (extended warranty) issued for all Impalas of this erra?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4.2L
60 Posts
Ok thanks, I will ask the dealer when I have time.
What's a TSB?
Is that Satisfaction Campaign (extended warranty) issued for all Impalas of this erra?
A TSB is a Technical Service Bulletin and "an automaker issues a technical service bulletin (TSB) when it becomes aware of common problems with a particular make and model, often from one or more model years. Those problems may have been reported by car owners or repair shops or discovered by the automaker itself. When the automaker finds a solution to the problem, it can issue a TSB that advises its own service bays on how to fix it. These bulletins can cover issues such as faulty switches, sensor malfunctions, or unusual noises."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts