Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new owner hear. Its a 2008 LT and I'm curious if it has side airbags? I've seen conflicting data on it. If it does have side airbags, where are they at?

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Some rental companies deleted the bags. To save a few bucks. Only fleet rental companies had the delete option. Reprehensible, but true.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Some rental companies deleted the bags. To save a few bucks. Only fleet rental companies had the delete option. Reprehensible, but true.
wow, anything to save a buck right? that sounds like a lawsuit about to happen if anyone gets hurt.what do you think it costs to make an airbag? like 15 dollars id say.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
It was the subject of suits, against dealers who sold the cars used, didn't know about the delete, and advertised the cars with the bags because, like most of us, thought that all came with the bags.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Just look at your headliner, if the "airbag" is written in white letters above the "B" pillar molding (that is where your shoulder belt adjuster is) then you have side curtain air bags. I it isn't their then you don't.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the response. It does have airbag written in the headliner, although its very faint. The car is for my daughter, so the side airbags seemed like a good bonus.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Thanks for the response. It does have airbag written in the headliner, although its very faint. The car is for my daughter, so the side airbags seemed like a good bonus.
You bet.. but remember accidents can happen anywhere.. ranging from getting into the car.. running a marathon and what not.. just do not stress too much if it does not you wont be able to sleep right.

Airbags can fail to deploy as well one can never assure what parts will fail and what will not when it comes to accidents.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
They were standard!? Thanks enterprise... Not a single one of our impalas has them...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts