Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, enough talk about who's got amps and who's got Subs... I WANNA HEAR IT...

Post video links to YOUR sound system in your Impala! Crank it up and rock on, people!!!! (I'm not posting mine because I have the factory TAPE PLAYER... lol this thread is mostly for idea sharing)

·
Registered
913 Posts
I'll bite.

Nothing fancy with this setup. I down graded from DD9515 w/JBL1200.1, that shit was just too heavy and I had ZERO trunk space.

RF T1-12

Probox for single 12

Memphis 1000d

Incase you're wondering, in the last pic those are locks on my box. I have them bolted to the rear STB to make it a little harder for them to steal my shit. I know it won't stop them, but it'll slow em down!:lol:

I also did it to keep the box from sliding around like crazy on my trunk mat.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll bite.

Incase you're wondering, in the last pic those are locks on my box. I have them bolted to the rear STB to make it a little harder for them to steal my shit. I know it won't stop them, but it'll slow em down!:lol:

lol that's the eternal goal... slow em down just enough for you to get out of the store to see 'em :p

Where did you get that trunk mat? that thing is SICK! (I gave in to an inside joke and seriously cut out astro-turf but it's not gonna stay there forever LOL).... or did it just come with your new fancy impala? :p

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
I'll bite.

ever since i saw that one pic you posted to show the light in your trunk, ive been wondering how the hell that thing doesnt fly around haha

As for my set up, I have two 12" Alpine Type Rs. pics eventually

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could take a pic of my 6x9s.... but i think i'll pass on this one lol
*sigh* I kinda figured that's how this thread was gonna go... lol

Nice blue neon btw- I was thinking about doing the same thing to go with my LEDs on the interior

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Here's my sub. List of things to come:

-Alpine INA-W900BT headunit
-Polk Audio DXi6500 6 1/2 speakers
-Polk Audio DXi690 6x9 speakers
-Polk Audio PA660 amp (for the speakers)
-Misc. add ons because GM made audio upgrades a PITA and expensive as HELLLL! :bang:

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
lol that's the eternal goal... slow em down just enough for you to get out of the store to see 'em :p

Where did you get that trunk mat? that thing is SICK! (I gave in to an inside joke and seriously cut out astro-turf but it's not gonna stay there forever LOL).... or did it just come with your new fancy impala? :p
I don't remember which site I got it off of, but pretty much everyone has them now. ebay, CARID, PFYC, and so on. I will say that this one is made specific for the 8th gen trunk design.

ever since i saw that one pic you posted to show the light in your trunk, ive been wondering how the hell that thing doesnt fly around haha

As for my set up, I have two 12" Alpine Type Rs. pics eventually
First day I put the mat in I didn't think about the box sliding around since it has a little weight to it, but it slammed into the back of the car and scared the shit out of me!! I thought I got rear ended!!

Before I got the STB's I had a ratchet strap holding the box against the back seat, but that was pretty ghetto.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
^Mine flies everywhere. I think I'm gonna have to Ghetto-rig that shit. Always slams the back and makes me shit my pants. lol

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't remember which site I got it off of, but pretty much everyone has them now. ebay, CARID, PFYC, and so on. I will say that this one is made specific for the 8th gen trunk design.
Alright, I guess I'll have to look for one. just search "trunk cargo tray"?

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
First day I put the mat in I didn't think about the box sliding around since it has a little weight to it, but it slammed into the back of the car and scared the shit out of me!! I thought I got rear ended!!

Before I got the STB's I had a ratchet strap holding the box against the back seat, but that was pretty ghetto.
yeah man, thats what i thought too. but then i realized that since its so massive and objects at rest tend to stay at rest or whatever, the heavy weight of the sub makes it stay in the same spot until the back of the trunk hits it. something like that. makes sense. also, one time i had my shit up real loud and i actually did get rear ended pretty bad ( i posted pics in my introduction) but me n my friends thought it was my subs til i noticed my car was sideways haha. and i thought about putting a ratchet strap on my shit but decided it was too ghetto so i got some L brackets n drilled em into the bottom of the trunk. i'll put some pics in a min

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
worth it man, would go right along with this thread since you can wire the controller into the audio system and have both the underbody and interior beat to your tunes. :eek:k3:

Blue LEDGlow 4pc Wireless LED Underbody Neon Lighting Kit
now that's not a bad idea.... it's super illegal around here but I'm pretty sure it's only if you're moving. just to hang out at shows (like my car belongs anywhere near a show at the moment... :giggle: ) or in parking lots with friends or something I guess it'd be cool, but I don't know. I'll think about it- thanks! :)

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
now that's not a bad idea.... it's super illegal around here but I'm pretty sure it's only if you're moving. just to hang out at shows (like my car belongs anywhere near a show at the moment... :giggle: ) or in parking lots with friends or something I guess it'd be cool, but I don't know. I'll think about it- thanks! :)
Not a problem man, good luck! and yea its super illegal haha but i've used mine in car shows and in parking lots all the time and people go nuts over it. Unless u really look it up this stuff isn't around all that much (at least where i'm from) so to most ppl its very unique. :beer:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ok, enough talk about who's got amps and who's got Subs... I WANNA HEAR IT...

Post video links to YOUR sound system in your Impala! Crank it up and rock on, people!!!! (I'm not posting mine because I have the factory TAPE PLAYER... lol this thread is mostly for idea sharing)

1 - 20 of 84 Posts