Impala Forums banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was wondering if anybody has did a DRL mod on the 2018 so they stay on all the time. They seem to shut off as soon as the headlights come on.
I am also wanting to install a sub/amp, can I wire my amp to the small auxiliary battery in the trunk??
Thanks
Trevor

·
Registered
41 Posts
can I wire my amp to the small auxiliary battery in the trunk??
Unless you're running only like a 100-200 watt amplifier, do not do this. Anything over that are you're risking electrical problems and/or a fire.

Install the system correctly by running a properly sized OFC wire (with an inline fuse) to the main battery under the hood.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Legal Window Tint on sides and rear.
Added full-time bright LED DRLs.
New OEM TCM and Valve Body.
Color-Matched red Bowties on front, rear, & rims. (Steering wheel and key fob are pending)
OEM Color-matched red rear spoiler.
Color-matched red details in engine bay.
Supplemental red LEDs in trunk.
Supplemental red LEDs in front footwells.
84CD43D6-8FB5-4548-98B4-30862C3E1636.jpeg

·
Registered
52 Posts
Legal Window Tint on sides and rear.
Added full-time bright LED DRLs.
New OEM TCM and Valve Body.
Color-Matched red Bowties on front, rear, & rims. (Steering wheel and key fob are pending)
OEM Color-matched red rear spoiler.
Color-matched red details in engine bay.
Supplemental red LEDs in trunk.
Supplemental red LEDs in front footwells.
Dont tell us... show us!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's very difficult. But I THINK I edited my previous post; added pics.
Appreciate it. Wow man, you went all out. I like what you did with your center caps. What did you use to color your front bowtie? Also, that engine cover is legit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Appreciate it. Wow man, you went all out. I like what you did with your center caps. What did you use to color your front bowtie? Also, that engine cover is legit.
Crystal Red Tintcoat is paint code WA505Q. It takes an expensive $50 minimum 2-part or 3-part paint. Or Duplicolor sells a ford red or chrysler red that is JUST a hair darker red. I used the $10 Duplicolor Ford Toreador Red Metallic for all. I figured no one would know but me. Didn't think that through when I posted, did I?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Crystal Red Tintcoat is paint code WA505Q. It takes an expensive $50 minimum 2-part or 3-part paint. Or Duplicolor sells a ford red or chrysler red that is JUST a hair darker red. I used the $10 Duplicolor Ford Toreador Red Metallic for all. I figured no one would know but me. Didn't think that through when I posted, did I?
Nice, I want to do my front/rear bowties in either chrome or silver.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts