Impala Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts

Had the car a few months. Fully loaded. Tinted windows, replaced the wheels and threw a Alpine type r in. Muffler delete as well. Got my old 20s for sale if anyone is interested 13k miles on em.
Looks VERY nice! Would love to see a full side view with the new wheels!

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just picked up a new 2017 Impala LT (V6) in Dark Blue. So far I put in LED Reverse light. LEDs in the trunk light, foot wells, and license plates. I want to add the HIDs and DRLs from the LTZ models. Anybody got any resources on how to go about doing that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
479 Posts
Just picked up a new 2017 Impala LT (V6) in Dark Blue. So far I put in LED Reverse light. LEDs in the trunk light, foot wells, and license plates. I want to add the HIDs and DRLs from the LTZ models. Anybody got any resources on how to go about doing that?
Impala

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
CSSGeek1994, where did you get those cute smilie face license plates? Never seen anything like it. Now that is original.

I never posted my few mods on here so...
Suntek tint, black bowties and chrome impostor wheelskins. I'd like to get a spoiler added on sometime and possibly some taillight tint like ICUBB has.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Just wanted to start a thread where people could come see modifications that others have done to their 9th gen impala. It could be as simple as adding standard LTZ parts to LT or LS models or extravagant as Lamborghini doors or lift kits. Your post could be the deciding factor on someone else getting a mod or not. For me it was adding DRLs to my 2LT (photo in profile pic). Thanks in advance for your post.
:worthless_thread:
Where can I get the DRLs from? price? and are they simple to install ?
Thanks

·
Registered
479 Posts
Where can I get the DRLs from? price? and are they simple to install ?
Thanks
VVV.gen5diy.com/Chevrolet/impala/ and was simple for me to pay to have them installed, lol. The whole setup from Gen5 should be around 585 for the non-dimming DRL conversion with harness included. With the proper tools, some ramps, and good place to work on it I can imagine having it installed in a few hours.

·
Registered
14 Posts
CSSGeek1994, where did you get those cute smilie face license plates? Never seen anything like it. Now that is original.

I never posted my few mods on here so...
Suntek tint, black bowties and chrome impostor wheelskins. I'd like to get a spoiler added on sometime and possibly some taillight tint like ICUBB has.
Haha, thanks. I like the look those imposter wheel skins. I was interested in having a spoiler put on but I wanted to see what it would look like for myself. The HID Install looks simple enough I just want to install the DRLs first so I don't have to put in a capacitor for the HID System.

I have the 2017 LT without the Bose system. It sounds OK. But, as we all know aftermarket can sound better. I want to swap all the speakers and add subs, but I can't for the life of me find anybody who has done audio installs on the new body Impalas.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Haha, thanks. I like the look those imposter wheel skins. I was interested in having a spoiler put on but I wanted to see what it would look like for myself. The HID Install looks simple enough I just want to install the DRLs first so I don't have to put in a capacitor for the HID System.

I have the 2017 LT without the Bose system. It sounds OK. But, as we all know aftermarket can sound better. I want to swap all the speakers and add subs, but I can't for the life of me find anybody who has done audio installs on the new body Impalas.

That is to bad you skipped on the Bose. Its actually a pretty good sounding system. I enjoy it. :eek:k3:

·
Registered
14 Posts
That is to bad you skipped on the Bose. Its actually a pretty good sounding system. I enjoy it. :eek:k3:

Yeah. They had a few with the Bose system at the dealer, which I listened to. It does sound good! But unfortunately, the price tag for the added packages, just to get the system, wasn't going to work with the budget. So I was hoping there would be some info on audio installs for the 2015 - 2017 Impalas. But so far, I've come up with just about zilch. I even emailed Bose to see what I could do about it. If I could even order parts to have them installed into the car, but all they said was "they don't offer aftermarket systems". Which it's really not, since I'd just be ordering parts to put into a car they designed it for. I was thinking about putting a JL audio system into it. I do find it odd the use 6X9s for the front doors.

·
Registered
603 Posts
CSS, did you try the site gmpartsdirect? The Bose speakers are only a few dollars more than the standard ones. The Bose system just has alot more speakers and a different amp. The non-bose system sounds good enough to me

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I agree, the non Bose 100watt system sounds pretty good to me too. Probably best non premium system I've had in a car.
6x9 in the front doors is kinda odd but it supplies more bass it seems.

·
Registered
14 Posts
CSS, did you try the site gmpartsdirect? The Bose speakers are only a few dollars more than the standard ones. The Bose system just has alot more speakers and a different amp. The non-bose system sounds good enough to me

Yes, it sounds pretty good for a stock system with just the 100 watt amp. Yeah, I was looking at those prices, just a couple mic, speakers, and a bigger amp is the difference. I may just end up looking into swapping the speakers and adding a sub. I'm not sure if that would mess with my warranty though. Also going to add the DRLS from the LTZ model and a 5500 K HID kit from theretrofitsource.com, since the projector housing optics are designed for HID and they have halogens in there. When it warms up that is.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Glad my car came with bose system how much extra is it lol? Sounds amazing, I'm 22 and usually only listen to it half way it booms plenty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Glad my car came with bose system how much extra is it lol? Sounds amazing, I'm 22 and usually only listen to it half way it booms plenty.

I just turned 22 on December 29, the day I picked up my Impala. Here in the US, to add the Centerpointe System for the 2017 Impala. It's about and additional 5-6 Grand. Because you have to add other packages just to get it. The factory one has plenty of punch, to it. One of the better ones that I've heard. And there's a Bose 100W amp in the trunk to.

·
Super Moderator
10,906 Posts
Nice car. It's pretty !

Why not go on over to Introductions and post a Hello over there along with the link to picture of your new car.

Welcome to the forum.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts