Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Yea the adaptive cruise control equipped cars are very easy to tell. The grill is very unusual compared to the other Impalas. It's also kinda ugly I think.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nowachevyowner very nice looking car what wheels are them? Are they 20's? Did you have to have the computer reprogrammed for the bigger wheels? I have a 15 LTZ same color and was wondering what chrome wheels would look like on the white. Looks great on yours! Again nice ride.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks. 22's. 245/30/22 . Same diameter as my 19's it came with. No reprogramming and no fender roll. Ride is still smooth but potholes are deadly! I had to replace one already. Those are Borghinis B18. Got them from Victoriatire.com. with tires and tpms $1700.

@ impaler- that is ugly! I thought it was an optional grill! I think I threw up in my mouth!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Aren't you glad you didn't get adaptive cruise control now? haha

·
Registered
94 Posts
Took some new photos showing my mods. Still tossing around the idea of doing the chrome mirror caps.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
I agree the adaptive cruise control grill is ugly as sin. Plus it's a waste of money.
While it may not look as good as the non-adaptive cruise control grille, whether or not it's a waste of money is completely dependant on the expected use of the car. I mean if you are a "road warrior" that is constantly driving on the highway, it certainly wouldn't be a waste of money and the functionality would "overrule" the the fact that it doesn't look as nice.

You have to remember, just because something isn't useful or worth it to *you*, doesn't mean that it's not useful or worth it to someone else. Not sure if you've ever used cruise control, but having to constantly reset it is a PIA - so if you are doing a lot of highway driving, it would be a very worthwhile feature - even if it doesn't look as nice.

In other words - you have to keep an open mind! :) Personally, while I don't need the feature, I'm glad that it's an option for those that do need it. It's nice to have options!

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
604 Posts
Just saying it's not worth $1,195 upgrade just so the car can adjust speed on it's own. It should be part of the other safety packages like other companies do.

·
Registered
545 Posts
the cruise is pretty cool and yea it a lot of money.. but im pretty sure it does other stuff as well.. the 15 denali does not have it but the 16 does. I think that cruise is tied into forward crash stuff.. I know if your driving real aggressive and split cars, say like on a 6 lane road, ( 3 lanes each way) some time the dash goes red and all hell brakes loose..

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Hello All

Very First Post. Just found this group today. Only had my car for 29 Days.

It is Really Hard to Find Modded Parts for such a Beautiful Machine. Really was wanting some Custom Tail Lights.
But can't find any anywhere, really want some, and the LED DRLs.

So Far I tinted the Windows 5% back windows, 20% front and Brow. 20" FK Ethos LX-10s and Lumen g-8 Led Headlights.

i'll post again of the things I want to do.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Nice!

The new Impalas in black are the way to go. :beer:

Reactions: bwnotredame06

·
Registered
484 Posts
Very nice and welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Very First Post. Just found this group today. Only had my car for 29 Days.

It is Really Hard to Find Modded Parts for such a Beautiful Machine. Really was wanting some Custom Tail Lights.
But can't find any anywhere, really want some, and the LED DRLs.

So Far I tinted the Windows 5% back windows, 20% front and Brow. 20" FK Ethos LX-10s and Lumen g-8 Led Headlights.

i'll post again of the things I want to do.
How are the LED headlights? I got 6000k d3s hid headlights. Output is meh.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Had the car a few months. Fully loaded. Tinted windows, replaced the wheels and threw a Alpine type r in. Muffler delete as well. Got my old 20s for sale if anyone is interested 13k miles on em.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts