Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard k&n air filters lasts long and increase the performance and whatnot so i was thinkin of buying one...do u think i should get a k&n or use a regular one i get with my oil changes? cause i know k&n needs to be oiled up and washed so i dunno?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it will help your engine breath a little easier and might pull a few more horses and torque. k&n are pretty good and they are washable and reuseable. Personally i like foam filters compared to the cotten ones used by k&n. They are higher maintanence but flow better

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont matter what u use in that thing man the engine is a beast unless your gonna add atleast a turbo or even a super charger to it ur not gonna take it to the track just run a cheap one and change it every 3000 miles or whever it gets cold n hot like u should do with the oil

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you want performance, then go with K&N, i have a 1985 Chevy, & the regular plain jane air filter didnt really make that big of a diff. but the K&N when i put it on wow. amazing. All my friends that have old chevys use K&N its all they rec. to people. You can get a K&N Air Filter at your local Advance Auto Parts for $70. Autozone will be $40. Check their website..

www.autozone.com

by the way. from the way you put your car info. it sounds like u got some upgrades in it. with that big engine like that id really use the K&N. i STRONGLEY urge you to get that one.
hope it helps!

If you have any questions. please feel free to email me

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the K&N air filter keeps my '94 six cylinder engine from knocking and i get roughly 1mpg better mileage when i keep it clean.

i requires cleaning and maintenence. read the instructions and clean/re-oil it carefully.

good luck

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Have a look at this before deciding:
http://www.amsoil.com/video/company/EaFilters/index.aspx
I personally hate K&N.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts