Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
1. we dont have shocks. we have struts.
2. what struts do you have on now? if they are the factory, how many miles are on them?
3. if you do replace the struts, you should also replace the strut mounts, as they tend to wear out on these cars.

·
Registered
657 Posts
terrible towel huh?:icon_butt:

anyways, a lot of guys go with new struts when lowering, usually KYB AGX or something similar. i, on the other hand, just had my struts replaced last spring and will have the SSC springs here tomorrow. im not changing struts again so soon, just not going to happen. its really all on you. if you are up at 60K on the factory struts, i would change them. i had mine done around 55K or so. its all on whether you want to spend a little more now or a lot more later, really. if you install the new struts with the springs, it should save you money in labor. if you have to do it later, you will pay full price for the labor, as the parts will not be off the car already anyways.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good look man. That's what I'm gonna do. Just gotta wait til the thaw! I figured you'd like Cope's Terrible Towel! :icon_super:

·
Registered
416 Posts
I was gonna do everything at once, but will probably just do springs for now since there are only 36K on the factory struts.

·
Registered
657 Posts
another point: when using the factory struts with lowering springs, you can probably count on wearing them (struts) out much faster than with stock springs. there would be more than the normal amount of stress on them, thereby shortening their life.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have 100k on the factory struts and springs and it's time to do a full swap on strut mounts, struts, and springs. Looking at about 500, doing it myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts