Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im trying to replace the small light bulb underneath the gear indicator does anyone know how to remove the sifter on the 96's???

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Lift the console lid, there you will see 2 tabs that slide under it, start at the very front on the console (by the ashtray) and gently pry it up, maybe use a mini flat head screw driver and pull it up, you only need to raise it a few inches so no need to remove the leather handle.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks alot you seem to have all the answers on here. By the way how would you remove the leather shifter anyways. Are there aftermarket shifters you can by for the 96's

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Its held in by plastic "clips" inside the handle shaft, I have seen a couple billet type handles on them but nothing look or feels as good as the original, the original is still available new from GM in certain supply regions and is nice to replace when the original gets old and worn.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey I was able to get to the bulb easily but it doesn't seem like I can take the bulb off. It seems like its all just one piece. Is there something im overlooking I just wanna replace the damn bulb?

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
The bulb is just a bulb, its been in there so long its probably melted itself stuck, take some time and use gloves to gently move it around, dont use bare fingers in case it breaks.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Double checked, its a 194 bulb it seems and it just slides in and out, like I mentioned gently move it around till it loosens up and comes out without breaking, or you will have a mess and might get cut if not wearing gloves.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just bought the bulb and its actually a 2721 its smaller than a 194 thanks for the help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts