Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, I own a 1996 Impala SS. I went to change the shifter bulb today and discovered no bulb or wiring harness where the bulb should plug at the housing for it on the shifter.

Does anybody know where I can locate these parts on line, I am having no luck with searches (forum and google) and none of the scrap yards near me have any SS's.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Do you know what size bulb is supposed to go there? Probably a t10. If so, you can grab a generic socket for the bulb with a pigtail attached, and wire it in to the headlight switch to get it going again.

Reactions: abstracts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you guys for the reply, I figured that was going to be my solution to solve the issue.

Edited:

Also incase anyone is interested after hours of searching the part number is:

GM Part #12125966 or AC Delco #LS28

I found it on rock auto, going to wire it to cigarette lighter since my radio has usb connection, I use that more anyways.

·
That Guy!!
1,424 Posts
Cig lighter in our cars is on all the time. I'd go with the parking lights up at the headlight switch.

Now that I think about it, tap into the line going to the climate control lamps, then it will also be controlled by the dimmer. The climate control bulbs are 74 (T5) if you wish to change them out. There is 2 of them up there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts