Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I had TEP do my whole trans so it has thier shift kit in it, which is BASCIALLY the Intense kit, w a few minor differences..

As for the PCMs for less tune, not too familiar w/ them, I know the Overkill tune is pretty badass.... if you ever look into have a newer tune put in look into that one ;)

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Yeah maybe in the future i will look into getting a retune from Overkill.

Right now i have been dealing with GM's stupid friggin "Security" BS.As of the last few weeks i have been dealing with my car not wanting to start.It will roll over but not fire.On my message center i see the Security light come on w/ a CEL.

I took my car to the GM dealer and he made a new key for me and got rid of a few codes from my PCM that were caused by the Security BS.All was fine for a few days and now my car is doing the same bull shit again :mad:

He did tell me that if my car contingues to do this that i may have to have the key cylinder changed,which will be $$$$....

I have pretty much tried everything in the book as far as tricks to get my car to start.Pulling fuses,disconnecting the battery,leaving the key in the ON position for 10-20 minuts,ect....Sometimes the car will start,most of the time it does'nt.

I do really like this car but this Security bullshit is really making me frown on this car and making me wish i had just bought another P71 instead....

come on danny boy please dont mention p71 in the chevrolet forum use that when ur talkin to your ford friends ( im not one of them ) i wouildnt mind a p71 either but the 9c1 caprices just look way better and im a chevy guy sooo....!!!!

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Yeah maybe in the future i will look into getting a retune from Overkill.

Right now i have been dealing with GM's stupid friggin "Security" BS.As of the last few weeks i have been dealing with my car not wanting to start.It will roll over but not fire.On my message center i see the Security light come on w/ a CEL.

I took my car to the GM dealer and he made a new key for me and got rid of a few codes from my PCM that were caused by the Security BS.All was fine for a few days and now my car is doing the same bull shit again :mad:

He did tell me that if my car contingues to do this that i may have to have the key cylinder changed,which will be $$$$....

I have pretty much tried everything in the book as far as tricks to get my car to start.Pulling fuses,disconnecting the battery,leaving the key in the ON position for 10-20 minuts,ect....Sometimes the car will start,most of the time it does'nt.

I do really like this car but this Security bullshit is really making me frown on this car and making me wish i had just bought another P71 instead....

Given the choice between p71 and wimpalas fake 9c1 designation, I would have to go with rwd full frame p71. That being said, dont give up on your car. Changing the cylinder will likely fix most of your headache.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Update:

The car has been fixed for over a month now.I had just forgot to update my thread.

The entire problem turned out to be the deutsch connectors on the ends of my wires that are inside of my ICM plug.Their were like 14 of them.I replaced all of them and my issue was gone and the car has been fine ever since.

A few of them old deutsch connectors did not fit very snug on the prongs coming from my ICM.

I fugured this out by wiggiling my ICM wires,after doing this the car would start.

What sucks is i had spent over $550 dollars @ the GM dealer for nothing.I was able to fix my problem myself for less than 50 cense and alittle of my time.
Damn 550,my 04 was doing the same thing and I would take it to the dealer and they could not find the prob.so I ended up trading for the 08SS,and I'm sum what happier(just miss the dubs,tv's and system)but can't complain about the power it has stock compared to my 04 LS which was all stock motor wise...

·
Registered
17 Posts
if your stuck in a sticky situation, and you have a 3.4 in your impala, take these steps (as i have the same situation, lol)

1. try your key,wont work? leave in on position(make sure not to turn it all the way off, then put it in on, as the security wont know the correct key is in, if you turn it all the way off, try cranking it again, but leave it in the on position)

2. grab a pole of some type(i use my jack's pole) and jump the starter solenoid with the main power terminal on the starter itself. the car will crank over and start. if it starts then dies immediately, you turned the key all the way off in step 1.

If you have a impala with the 3.8, its much harder due to the starter location. If you REALLY need to, you can jack the car up and do the same idea, but its MUCH harder to get to...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts