Impala Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had this message posted yesterday for the 1st time. I have 28,800 miles and have not changed the brakes yet (does not need new pads yet). The owners manual is not helpful...just says to take in for service when warning light goes off.

It's currently below -0 and has been for a couple of days. Snow every day for 3 days and the traction control system is getting used quite frequently. I do drive the car hard, so I'm thinking about changing tranny fluid and filter.

Any recommendations or ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ABS light is on

is the ABS light on? I would take it to your local shop and find out what the codes are in the abs system
Yep, the ABS light is on and that function is not currently working as well. I'm being told it could possibly be froze up sensors?

·
Registered
557 Posts
they also have a tendency to unwind in the conduit and then rub against the side of the oil pan causing an intermittent problem. Sometimes if you spray salt water on the harness it'll act up if its not already. That's why they replace the wiring harness all the way up to the harness split.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
**Update**

It's the rear right wheel sensor...it's resistance is all over the place, so the hub needs to be replaced. GM is going to honor my warranty claim for this part, so I got that going for me. I believe the code was C1235, which is a difficult to decipher according to one of my tech buddies.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep...they also need to pickup the tab on the tranny cooler lines, which are leaking too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having same probs as everyone else.Trac light and ABS.Got the low humming/vibration at low speeds.Talked to tech guy today, going to have abs scanned tomorrow.On the phone tech guy said theyre having many probs with aftermarket wheel hubs.I hope not, because I just changed all four wheel hubs (2 fronts 6 months ago,2 rears yesterday,4 rotors and brake pads,bled also).He says he will scan and test.Will post any findings here.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Having same probs as everyone else.Trac light and ABS.Got the low humming/vibration at low speeds.Talked to tech guy today, going to have abs scanned tomorrow.On the phone tech guy said theyre having many probs with aftermarket wheel hubs.I hope not, because I just changed all four wheel hubs (2 fronts 6 months ago,2 rears yesterday,4 rotors and brake pads,bled also).He says he will scan and test.Will post any findings here.
sounds like hubs...again, what kind did you use when you replaced them?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
mine are still good, and have been on over a year.... dont know what to say :p
Maybe that you've only driven like 300 miles in the last year?:lol:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
lol..no worries...we've got spares coming out of our ears now. :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts