Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Impala LTZ 6 cyl. with the blind spot warning and rear parking assist option. I am getting this message on the dash. The blind spot lights in the mirrors do light up when the car is started as usual and do not remain on. They do not react to approaching traffic. The left side mirror occasionally lights up while driving for no apparent reason. This occurs on 2 lane rural roads with mine being the only vehicle.
The dealer wants $96 just to "diagnose" the problem. What seems to be the problem and how difficult is it to fix.
Thanks.

·
Registered
360 Posts
IIRC a few of the forums members have had that problem, I believe that it was sensor in the rear of the car left or right. Moisture gets inside the sensor box and makes it swell. I would probably have the dealer due it. There are many issues like program the unit to the BCM and then clear any codes associated with faulty unit.

Pat

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the exact same problem as qbymarty (thread starter) with my 2015 LTZ. It appears that this side detection system is pretty crappy and not very tolerant of splashing water and snow, which is not uncommon in New England. Is there some DIY test that can be don to tell if it is the sensor(s) or the control module(s). I'd like to not be at the mercy of the dealership telling me I'm looking at $1000-$2000 repair bill when $500.00 will fix the system. I've never liked all this modern electronic systems stuff on cars...all it does is help line the dealership pockets when they break. They are usually not easy or cheap to fix. An to make matters worse if this system is as crappy as it sounds, I'll probably be replacing these things a few time before I get rid of the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It happened to me, I took the car to the local dealer, they upgraded the ROM software to o the latest version and that’s it, it worked great.

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
These modules are a common failure on the Acadia also. On the Acadia, the modules are mounted in a bad spot where water, weather and whatever other contaminants can get to them and eventually kill them. GM extended the warranty on them for the Acadia as well. The reason I mention the Acadia is because you can order the module on Rock Auto and install them yourself, no dealership trip required. Don't know if this the same for the Impala, but figured it could be worth looking into if the repair has to come out of your pocket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts