Impala Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2006 Chevy Impala 3.9L engine police edition . New battery but I'm thinking the harness connected to the battery is old any ideas what I should do? I.e. new starter, alternator , throttle body and battery

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Check the cheaper stuff first.
Ground
Connections
Terminals
Ground connections and terminal connections sell a lot of alternators and starters. It could be as simple as a poor connection.

And check the condition of the battery (don’t judge it by how long it has been installed in the car).

·
Registered
298 Posts
Don't be afraid to do a through cleaning of the Throttle Body. The toughest part of the job is un-doing the Wiring Harness connections on the Boot and Body.
The Air Cleaner is a couple of Snaps.
The Wiring Harness plug-in's have 'Vibration-proof' connections. You'll need to extract a fitted safety shim before accessing the release tab to unplug it.
Use a Cork to hold the Butterfly open. Couple of cans of Carb Cleaner 'safe' for Throttle Bodies.
Box of Kleenex™.
Elbow grease and determination.
Wad three tissues. Soak with spray. Scrub. You can use a toothbrush if you like. Pipe cleaners are a big plus.
!

·
Registered
354 Posts
The harness?
Some ppl have replaced the big wires.
I changed the wire from the battery to the starter, the wire that feeds the under hood fuse box the ground wire from battery to the body behind my headlight and under recommendation of the manufacturer of my ho alternator I added a ground from battery to the mount bolt of alternator. If you do this that ring thing on my negative but is on some positive wires is a voltage sensor and it’s not made to accommodate larger ring terminals so crimp terminals on after feeding through. I can’t say I noticed much difference in how it starts or charges but it keeps up w my system 1700rms w no lights dimming.
Rock on enthusiasts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi I have a 2006 Chevy Impala 3.9L engine police edition . New battery but I'm thinking the harness connected to the battery is old any ideas what I should do? I.e. new starter, alternator , throttle body and battery
if it aint givin you a problem ,dont mess with it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts