Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Not meaning to slam you, but you did post in a discussions section....

In the past, I have seen these ('94-5 consoles) going for around $100 when they are put up for sale (not too often). Just in the last few weeks, several people are trying to get $250 (or more) for them.

- What changed that these consoles are now worth double?

I don't understand where the market is for these consoles. Most SS owners are keeping what they have or upgrading to '96 consoles (for a floor shift) or a larger console with more storage and better cupholders (or also a floor shifter). About the only people that I see that might want these are people building a clone (but most of them go for the floor shifter) or someone with a '94-5 with a trashed console [how many of those are there... also consider that you can get many better consoles for $50 - $100].

I figure that one person asked $250 for one and several other people with spare consoles jumped on the bandwagon. [I am guilty of the same when people were paying rediculous amount for Roadmaster center caps... now the market is somewhat saturated with them.]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I posted here because there isnt a for sale section like I mentioned and now we are discussing this. Anyways I dropped the price down from $250 to $200, I think thats reasonable and have seen them go for 200 and up many times. If someone doesn't like a price I put on my things and they want the item, whatever it may be, they can get ahold of me and we can work something out. I just want to get rid of the damn thing.

Example.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/impa...318QQhashZitem290244429501QQitemZ290244429501

·
Registered
303 Posts
oh well... looks like last year's white elephant is this year's high-priced part. [Some things never change.]

As I said when I first replied, I wasn't trying to slam you. I really just didn't understand why they were going for so much [still don't]. I am planning to convert my wagon over to bucket seats (like I did with my 9C1 MANY years ago) and I will a need a console. I looked at '94-5 SS consoles because they were cheap but decided to go with a larger console.

Everyone that upgraded their console years ago, should now pull it out and put it on eBay right away. I missed the boat when I was trying to get rid of Roadmaster center caps when they were hot.

Good luck SSlowride and I hope you get every penny that you are asking.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
There is a for sale section here but whatever works right:) As for the console, Most know I deal with thousands of these cars and owners all over the country....hell, countries.... The price of $250 is about the going rate IF! IT IS NOT FADED OR HAS ANYTHING BROKEN/NO OP. The moment things are broken,faded or look plain old worn out the value is not worth the time to post it on ebay.

Good luck with the sale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts