Impala Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any idea how I can can get my 01 Impala back up and running.
Went out off town for three days, when I got back at my job late that Thursday night on the 19 of Aug my battery was dead, I mean dead not a thing no lights no nothing. Try to jump start for one and half hours, no click no start.
Next day I got a new battery and put in it, guess what, yep no click, no start, that when I notices the radio showed locked, then on dash it shows security and service vehicle soon plus battery. I’ve tried everything, it’s really pissing me off.
Help!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hello
Have you checked the connections other than at the battery?
It’s possible the ground corroded or came loose.
Starter positive and ground?
Positive lead to under hood fuse box?
Not working w a new battery is a puzzler.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have check ever damn thing, fuses, relays and all ground wires. New start, plus
New battery on top of all that I’m lost.
Not one thing I watched on YouTube or what friends have told me have worked.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I’m unfamiliar w the anti theft system on these. The 02 Malibu would only turn over but not start. Maybe it’s something w the anti theft?
I know tipping it such as putting it on a flat bed would reset that. It came down to leaving key on for 10 min exactly, then the anti theft light turned off and she’d start.

·
Registered
356 Posts
According to “it still runs.com” a reset is the same on newer impalas as the 02 Malibu.
I used to turn key on, fan, radio and headlights off then wait 10 min. As mentioned in that article the security light should change from blinking to solid, then attempt restarting. After 10 min try starting.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a question. Ok I took my 01 Impala in to the Dealership, their telling me they can’t figure it out and that it’s not in Lock mode.
Like I said, battery was dead when I got back for out of town for three days. Trued jumping it, nothing, put on charger for 24 hours, nothing then I bought a new battery, nothing- then a new starter ( old was good, but the teeth where getting rounded off ) and still no click, no start.
I’ve checked everything, only thing was no power to the starter, has power to relay.
That’s why I took it to the Dealership, thought if they re-flash it that would solve my problem.
So does anyone have a clue what it could be or are they screwing with me. I have a feeling when I went to the Dealership that guy wasn’t being all that honest with me. They’ve had it for two days now, but just started on it today around 2pm, so any help I would appreciate.
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts