Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to take my dash off of my 04 impala SS. Reason is so that i can hook up an ipod directly in the back of my factory radio. In order to do so i unplugged the "trac" button off(traction) and the emergency light button. Everything went well and plugged everything back and all is well.

Then I had to take it all off again which I followed the same steps i did previously but when I disconnected both traction and emergency buttons i inserted my key into the ignition and turning the car to the on position. For some reason it didn't feel right. I plugged everything back in and now my car wont start what so ever. I got juice but when I try to start it the security light illuminates on the dash. So i wait ten minutes before trying again and nothing. Now I disconnect the battery for an hour plug it back and the same..nothing. The radio doesn't turn on either. Now my headlights start to flash repeatedly and my reverse lights stay on steady even though im in park. Its all messed up, so I had it towed to a Chevy dealership and there going to diagnose to problem tomorrow morning.... any ideas....

·
Registered
5 Posts
security light

I decided to take my dash off of my 04 impala SS. Reason is so that i can hook up an ipod directly in the back of my factory radio. In order to do so i unplugged the "trac" button off(traction) and the emergency light button. Everything went well and plugged everything back and all is well.

Then I had to take it all off again which I followed the same steps i did previously but when I disconnected both traction and emergency buttons i inserted my key into the ignition and turning the car to the on position. For some reason it didn't feel right. I plugged everything back in and now my car wont start what so ever. I got juice but when I try to start it the security light illuminates on the dash. So i wait ten minutes before trying again and nothing. Now I disconnect the battery for an hour plug it back and the same..nothing. The radio doesn't turn on either. Now my headlights start to flash repeatedly and my reverse lights stay on steady even though im in park. Its all messed up, so I had it towed to a Chevy dealership and there going to diagnose to problem tomorrow morning.... any ideas....
my 01 monte carlo ss had this problem it was an open circuit in the security system i had to have the ignition key switch changed & the entire theft(security)system had to be reprogrammed by the dealer costed me $515.96(parts & labor) the dealer is the only one that can resolve this issue if u dont have the money let me tell u a trick if the car doesnt start on the first try turn the key to the on position,not start the security light will flash wait 15 minutes,exactly 15 minutes when the security light stops blinking turn the key off then start the car i garuntee u this will work a technician at my job (banner chevy) showed me this trick if u keep trying to start the car the longer you'll have to wait i know from experience the security light issue usually happens between turning the car off & on like 3 or 4 times between short stops another thing i noticed as long as your're driving & the security light comes on your're good the car will start back up after turning it off sometimes it will if the light is not on too its one of those funny things "when i used to see the security light come on it was a sign of relief for me,because i knew i wasnt going to be stuck out"after learning the security system trick i rode around for about a year before i had it repaired i never got stuck out again GM need to recall this because my friends that own pontiacs,buicks,oldsmobiles,cadillacs etc.with this same problem good luck dude

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my 01 monte carlo ss had this problem it was an open circuit in the security system i had to have the ignition key switch changed & the entire theft(security)system had to be reprogrammed by the dealer costed me $515.96(parts & labor) the dealer is the only one that can resolve this issue if u dont have the money let me tell u a trick if the car doesnt start on the first try turn the key to the on position,not start the security light will flash wait 15 minutes,exactly 15 minutes when the security light stops blinking turn the key off then start the car i garuntee u this will work a technician at my job (banner chevy) showed me this trick if u keep trying to start the car the longer you'll have to wait i know from experience the security light issue usually happens between turning the car off & on like 3 or 4 times between short stops another thing i noticed as long as your're driving & the security light comes on your're good the car will start back up after turning it off sometimes it will if the light is not on too its one of those funny things "when i used to see the security light come on it was a sign of relief for me,because i knew i wasnt going to be stuck out"after learning the security system trick i rode around for about a year before i had it repaired i never got stuck out again GM need to recall this because my friends that own pontiacs,buicks,oldsmobiles,cadillacs etc.with this same problem good luck dude
Well I have a warranty which I am hoping it will cover it! Especially when Christmas is around the corner and what not

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
try his method first if it doesnt work, you could always trya case learn http://www.impalaforums.com/pcm-technical-tuning/182076-pcm-install-help.html (pcm related) and see if that helps at all...

So I got word from the dealership, it was caused by a bad battery...They try to tell me cause I got amps and subs hooked up and strobes to the terminals which cause the battery to die. I told him that I specifically installed the subs and amp to where it will only turn on when the vehicle starts therefore the battery is getting charged. His response was like "oh well I am telling you what the mechanic told me". Then I told him the strobes are only on when I turn them on and that cannot cause the problem. So they want to change my battery and they use interstate brand for batteries for me and the total price for labor n parts is $230.00 so I told him to charge me the $95 to diagnose to the problem and I will buy the battery and put it in my self. I have a acdelco battery and there pretty good quality so I am going to check up on that. So now I get to drive a crossfire srt 6(my brothers) to get my car. Letting everyone know what the deal was....thanks for your help.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
get a yellow top ;)

thanks for the heads up, first time ive heard that one lol
scratch that...dealer called back up told me its more then just a battery. They cant even hook it up to the obd cause there getting no signal from that. So now they told me they gotta take it step by step and could be a control module or anything..they told me its going to take about 4-5 hours to diagnostic testing to find whats causing the problem then call my warranty and see if they cover it, if so im clear if not i gotta pay those 4-5 hours of labor and the part so its going to be big bucks!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts