Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it flashes three times and the car wont start or even i pretty much tried everything i could think of its driving me crazy and i dont want to pay crazy dealer prices..

·
Registered
140 Posts
You are likely going to have to pay dealer prices, or find someone that has a Tech II scanner.

Problem could be lock cylinder/ignition switch/pats module/bcm/pcm, etc.

Would be helpful if you put year/make/model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
it flashes three times and the car wont start or even i pretty much tried everything i could think of its driving me crazy and i dont want to pay crazy dealer prices..
I have the same issue with my 2001 Impala LS. I have times when the Security light flashes and the car won't start -- Passlock II problem, and times when there is no Security light flashing and the car won't start -- ignition switch / lock cylinder problem.

Here's the info that I found last week on the Security Light / Passlock II. I have yet to try to bypass the Passlock II:

TSB #040847003 -- SECURITY LIGHT ON, ENGINE WILL NOT CRANK, DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES B2958 AND/OR B2960. *TT (NHTSA ID #10011075, SEPTEMBER 01 2004)

Read through the three pages of posts in this thread.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=731311

Hope that this helps. You should check for any trouble codes with a scanner as mentioned in the reply above.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you try un-hooking the battery for a couple minutes. an old car of mine did the same thing after we changed the engine out. the security system hadn't adapted to the new engine yet. sll we had to do was reset the battery a few times to get it to stopping tripping.

·
Registered
173 Posts

Been there done that with my 2001 Monte Carlo. Turned out to be the ignition switch which is a very common problem. Not sure what year your car is but you may want to check out this post from the Monte Carlo forum.

Passlock - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

1 - 7 of 7 Posts