Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks,

I have a 2004 LS Impala 3.8

My wife got in the car about 3 weeks ago and when she went to start it the security indicator came on and wouldnt start. By the time I drove to her work (25 min) I walked up put the key in and it started right up. I thought it was in her head but it finally happened to me today.

I figure it is something to do with the pass key system but wanted to check to see if anyone had any other thoughts before I go pay a bunch of money.

I scanned through the threads and didnt see anything please direct me to it so I can read up on it.

Thanks
T

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
That is the most likely, but it could also be a fault in the ignition switch or the BCM.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey folks,

I have a 2004 LS Impala 3.8

My wife got in the car about 3 weeks ago and when she went to start it the security indicator came on and wouldnt start. By the time I drove to her work (25 min) I walked up put the key in and it started right up. I thought it was in her head but it finally happened to me today.

I figure it is something to do with the pass key system but wanted to check to see if anyone had any other thoughts before I go pay a bunch of money.

I scanned through the threads and didnt see anything please direct me to it so I can read up on it.

Thanks
T

I had the same problem in my '97 Malibu LS for a little while.

Strangely enough it started when I backed into a parking spot and let the back tires hit the concrete stopper.

Someone told me theres an anti theft thing in most vehicles, when jogged it shuts the car down, and that theft light pops up.

It takes 30 or so minutes for the car to reset itself.

I found 3 ways to beat it.

1) Disconnect the battery for a minute or two.
2) Pull and replace fuses that have to do with the electronics.
3) Leave the key in the "On" position for 10-12 minutes, return to "Off" and start it.

After I had the vehicle inspected, and a few things replaced to pass, it stopped doing it all together.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
disco the battery and check the connections @ the BCM, I know malibus are susceptible tp water damage there, our cars seem to have very finicky bcms that like to emo themselves when jumped too..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts