Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Guys,

Quick question for all of you... I recently saw my "Security" message in the "message center" on my 2001 chevy impala.. Thought it was just a wire problem because I recently had a pretty expensive/custom stereo system installed.

Well, shortly after my powered locks stopped working, and then my non-car alarm..alarm went off when I tried to open my passenger side door. Interesting. I didn't even know I had a car alarm, haha!

Well, I started the car up, the alarm went off and all but I still have no idea why my locks aren't working.. I have to unlock/lock manually.

-----

Also, another question.. Anything else I should worry about with the 2001 Impalas? Any help/advice would be great. And on a 70k mile car, should I even look to spiffy it up performance wise?

Thanks everyone.

Regards,
- Brian Lowell

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replying to my own thread here...

Did some research on why the Security message would show up. Looks like I am going to need to get a new BCM (Body Control Module).

The Body Control Module (BCM) supplies vehicle occupants with visual and audible information and controls various vehicle functions, To provide and receive information, the module is interfaced to the vehicle's serial bus communications network, the Chrysler Collision Detection (CCD) bus. This network consists of the powertrain control module (PCM), the Transmission Control Module (TCM) , the electro/mechanical instrument cluster (MIC) , the Airbag Control Module (ACM) , the Compass/mini-trip module and the Controller Antilock brake Module (CAB). The BCM is operational when battery power is supplied to the module. Ignition switch power is needed for ignition switch functions.

The BCM provides and will affect the following features:

• Automatic door locks
• Battery protection
• Chimes
• Compass/mini-trip support
• Courtesy lamps
• BCM diagnostic support
• Door lock inhibit
• Headlamp time delay
• Ignition key lamp
• Illuminated entry
• Instrument panel dimming
• Mechanical instrument cluster support
• Power door locks (with/without remote keyless entry)
• Sliding door memory lock
• Vehicle Theft Security system (VTSS)
• Windshield wipers / washers (front and rear)

·
Registered
3 Posts
im having a similar problem i had an aftermarket alarm and my locks stopped working and then when i would turn the ignition off the trunk would pop so i got mad and ripped the aftermarket alarm out but the security light still blinks three times and she wont start at all not even any cranking....any help for this

·
Registered
626 Posts
I don't know any of the specifics for your car, but it sounds like your alarm messed with your VTSS and it's preventing the car from starting. Your installer should know what's up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts