Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
95 buick roadmaster, clutch fan & secondary elc. fan. I have tested fan & works! I have tested fan plug & water pump senser plug & they work! Car reachess to red & wont turn on, I unplug water pump senser plug & fan still wont turn on??????? Anybody had that problem

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Have you checked fuse & relay? In underhood fusebox.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Check that the fan wiring harness ground is good. You can power the motor and it works and you have checked the fan plug is I assume you mean that it has power? Which is so then that tells me that the fuse, temp sensor, and relay are working. If so then the fan ground circuit needs to be repaired.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had that problem in my 95ss. i replaced the other fan and still had the same problem. a mechanic finally told me it doesnt turn on but operates by the air flow as u drive. dont hold me to it though it sounded like b.s when i heard it too. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
You need to find another mechanic...LOL. That's a shovel full right there.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i have a 94 ss stock ....having the same problem.. chakced fuse. made sure it was plugged in .. took relay out and switched it with the other fan still didnt work. jumper wire at the two terminals at the relay and it turned on.. bought a new relay still doesnt turn on .... any thoughts???

·
Registered
71 Posts
sounds like a fuze relay.... there are 3 of them... they are located in the fuze box in the engine bay, located on passenger side of the car near the windshield...

2 of them are the fans.... primary and secondary... not to sure what the 3rd one is, but they are notorious for going bad...

it could be a computer issue also... does your car over heat?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Hey BIGAK, what the f%&k is a "fuze relay", it's either a fuse or a relay, make up your mind. There are actually 2 fan relay's and 4 fuse's..Yes,,4. look at the legend on the top of the fuse box under the hood. The 2 BIG 40 amp ones are for the fan's them selves, there are also 2 little 10amp mini's in there that are just for power to the relay's. 2 fuse's & 1 relay for each fan, all 3 have to be good for the fan to work.

·
Registered
71 Posts
hey greg relax... that is what i meant to put cuz... sorry the FAN RELAY... not the fuze relay...

Hey BIGAK, what the f%&k is a "fuze relay", it's either a fuse or a relay, make up your mind. There are actually 2 fan relay's and 4 fuse's..Yes,,4. look at the legend on the top of the fuse box under the hood. The 2 BIG 40 amp ones are for the fan's them selves, there are also 2 little 10amp mini's in there that are just for power to the relay's. 2 fuse's & 1 relay for each fan, all 3 have to be good for the fan to work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts