Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seats

Thanks I will try one of those brands. I used the armorall on the dash and the door panels.

·
Registered
657 Posts
it is my understanding that armorall is not really the best thing to use, due to the fact that in hot weather, the heat evaporates the stuff and it all starts sticking to the inside of your windshield and stuff. mothers is a lot better brand, i would use that one. or just find a good leather conditioner.

you should also CLEAN your leather before slapping another layer of conditioner on there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try Zaino

it is my understanding that armorall is not really the best thing to use, due to the fact that in hot weather, the heat evaporates the stuff and it all starts sticking to the inside of your windshield and stuff. mothers is a lot better brand, i would use that one. or just find a good leather conditioner.

you should also CLEAN your leather before slapping another layer of conditioner on there.
I've got a 69 Corvette along with my 64 Impala and I've used Zaino exclusively on both. Zaino is a polish, not a wax so you can put coat on top of coat with no consequences. You do want to make sure it's as clean as you can get it before you start because it will preserve water spots etc. as well as your finish. They make a GREAT leather cleaner and preservative that you'll love. Read their FAQ's at Zainobros.com. It's not cheap but once you use it you will give away your Mcguire's and throw away your Armorall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts