Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok NOW that the Engine Thingy has been taken Care of... well SORTA... the works gotta be done, but the Questions are answered anyways... I Keep seeing Guys Bagging on the Bonni SSEI Seat swap.... SO what are ya'lls Suggestions on what seats Should be swapped in... Just curious Photo's Would be Great

·
Registered
122 Posts
i grabbed a whole set from a 93 Buick Roadmaster . you'll need the harness thats kinda a pain i cut it where it enters the kick panel and reconnected them back after routing it through the door . that was a pain in the ass . do your self a favor and pop the rubber gromit out and tape your wires good and tight . i used the Roadmaster seats cause the controls are in the door and easy to replace . look at my car and you'll see the seats . im going to add more pictures . the thing is you need to decide if you want a center console . i chose to not have one ,however the Roadmaster has a nice fold down armrest with storage and cup holders . and they look very close to the impala seats . by the way what kind of spoiler do you have on your car ? fiberglass or resin ? or stock ss ?

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a SS spoiler... came on the Car, so I couldn't tell you what it really is... feels like Fiberglass, and Cause My Car's a 9C1.... I have No Electric Seats... So I'm Toying with the Idear of UpGrading TO electric Seats, Just not sure if I want to Go to the Trouble of Running wire and stuff... cause I'm not a small armed man an i have a really hard time stuffing my forearms into small areas lol I'm Not really concerned with Matching the Impala SS seats though... Just a Really Good Seat, as I travel ALOT

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
please don't do the bonnies....they are a direct swap, but I hate them so much I don't see why anyone would use them. The seat backs look like a big fat chick's back....tons of love handles!

I have no offerings for alternatives, only to plead you not to do the bonnies lol.

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I've seen the Bonni's First hand... and wasn't impressed, then I joined the forum and I keep seeing EVERYONE Dogging on'm so I'm Curious what people think looks Good in'm instead... thats why I asked for Pictures as well... so I can make an educated informed decision lol

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
well unfortunately there aren't too many direct bolt in swaps you can do. It's either the bonnies or the other b-body variants. Anything else and your gonna have to cut out, and move the seat bolt locations....

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah.... it can be done, Not Really Exactly that Difficult... it can be Renecked with style and made to look Pretty Good on the Underside lol

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
these were the best I could find on eBay..

Buick

Caddy

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah... Kinda Looking for Buckets in the Front, Got the Stock 9C1 Front Buckets Now and installed a Center Console outta a S-10 Blazer

·
Registered
122 Posts
here are some pictures of my car . the Roadie seats rock , direct bolt in and very comfy , 6 way power . dont be afraid of the wiring its not hard just takes a little common sense , find power and a ground . for the center console i thought about hacking the middle part out and useing a blazer like you did , i look at the seats and only 2 steel supports hold it on , grinder and hog clips your in business.

Attachments

·
Registered
997 Posts
The 93-96 Cadillac Fleetwood BROUGHAM seats are some of the most comfortable seats of the era. I was surprised how much more comfortable my 94 Brougham seats were, vs the 94 base model Fleetwood I had. The triple lumbar of the 93/94 is a plus as well.

The 91-94 Roadmaster Limited seats, are like a kings chair for your ass and back. By far, the most comfy seats offered in a B-body.

The 91-96 Roadmaster base model seats, are the exact same foam as the 94-96 Impala SS seats. Remove the Impala SS seat covers, and you will find that exact pleating under them. The cloth ones are comfy. But the leather ones I had in my 95 RMS base model, were not nearly as supportive as the 95 RMS bae model cloth ones my parts car has.

Turning a 60/40 seat into a 40/40 seat setup is not hard. You just cut off the metal bracket for the center 20, then tuck the cover under, or trim it down some.

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Man! Like I said... its future plans but I was curious on everyones thoughts on what Should be in there lol

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
I agree with Mr.Buick....I saw those Caddy seats and thought to myself they must be mighty comfy! Let us know what you come up with, I might be in the same boat soon myself.

·
Super Moderator
3,943 Posts
The bonnies are popular be cause they are easy and the 6-way have the controller on them, the 12-way share a dedicated controller so again easy. They don't look great but they are a HUGE setup up comfort wise from the Caprice seats and are easily found.

Roady seats are comfortable too, but zero lateral support. Just about anything can be made to work with some ingenuity and fabrication. We don't know what you are comfortable with on that side.

·
Registered
624 Posts
i had no power seats in the 91, i got the whole door switch and the wire harness for the seats,it wasnt hard at all ( im not electrically savvy.. they dont call me sparky for nothing..lol ),i had the inside gutted anyway,running the wires thru the door and down to the seat wasnt no biggie.when i got the r/m seat i also got the snipped the connector for the seat wiring cause i wasnt sure if the caprice plug and the r/m were the same,i dont think it was, but luck had it the wires were the same colors (there is a god ) i hooked up the main power to the main power that operates the windows, never had a problem, besides how often to you move the seat anyway once its set,

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I'm gonna end up with Caddy Seats...but its gonna be awhile before it happens...... I did Just pull the Seats so I can Shampoo the Carpets.... and I think I'm gonna Buy a new carpet here next month, and change to a Gray, something that closely matches the Blue thats there... Cause there's SO many More Grey seats out there and I think the blue was more law enforcement only...

·
Registered
997 Posts
Blue wasn't 9C1 only. My 95 RMS parts car is blue. I also found some 92 Caprice blue seats I pulled for dirt cheap to put in my 94 9C1 that had rotten seats.

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wasn't sure... I kinda like the Look of Grey better though...

·
Registered
122 Posts
i took the carpet from the same roadmaster . get what you want , i highly recomend the roadie seats . the limited i found was in great shape and look awesome .

good luck

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
As far as the carpet goes, the vinyl and fabric dye works really well for those, even when your going to a lighter color....just something to look at. You'll need a number of cans to do the whole thing, but would be cheaper than a new carpet, unless you have a lot of holes or whatever in em, I'd go that route myself, makes em look brand new..a can is only $5, so while you got the seats out, you can do a test spot under them to see if you like the results..

1 - 20 of 54 Posts