Impala Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is some information I thought I would share regard my experience with the Bose audio system in a 2015 2LT.

Normally I would be using a Bluetooth MP3 player while in the car.
The problem I have with that is there can be only one Bluetooth device recognized at a time.
A bit of a hassle when answering and receiving phone calls.

Looking through the owners manual and searching online I came across the SD card slot.
Even though some on the internet said it didn't work, or would shuffle. I went out and bought a 64GB micro card w/adaptor.

I downloaded my complete library in Sony's 'MediaGo', over 34GB of music, (took over 4hrs w/ USB 3.0) to a Scan Disk micro SD.
Loaded SD card in slot with car off.
Started car, 'menu', ticked 'shuffle', brought up the SD card, hit 'Play' for any song that comes up and Taa Daa
Replay, pause, skip, works like a charm and sounds great!!!

Now I can also make and receive calls via Bluetooth. Song will pause for the call then resume were it left off when call is ended.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Yep, we've had an SD card in there since right after we bought our 2015 2LT.
It's much better than any USB drive as it doesn't stick out at all so it never gets in the way. Works like a charm. I used a G Skill SD card I bought off of Newegg for a few bucks. I can't remember if it's 32 or 64 GB but it held all the music on my computer.

For some odd reason they dropped the SD card slot in 2016.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts