Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys,

just wondering if any of the airbag components are salvageable before i throw them out

the bags deployed in an accident :frown:

oh ... what about the driver side seat belt? (its locked up) anything good or not?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Both bags and the seatbelt will need to be changed. The newer generation ACM's also control the retract reel on the drivers seat belt. It does this by setting off a controlled charge that helps to pull the seatbelt back in to help keep the driver out of harms way of the airbag being deployed. Now I am not sure on your car but some of the airbag control modules also have to be changed after deployment. The wiring harness should be fine. Before throwing out the old belt make sure the new unit has the webing and attach point other wise you may need the old web and attach point. I have not had to change one yet is why I am recommending holding on to the current one.

G

·
hey guys,

just wondering if any of the airbag components are salvageable before i throw them out

the bags deployed in an accident :frown:

oh ... what about the driver side seat belt? (its locked up) anything good or not?

thanks
What year is it? On the 96's, the seatbelts have a plastic cover on the latches that are hard to find and worth keeping. You can pinch the plastic "rivet" and reuse the cover. This is useful because a lot of these break on the driver side because they get caught in the door!

Here is a pic:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts