Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad day for my imp. gave it to my dad to drive for an hour.. and i get a phone call saying come pick me up at the intersection.. your car is wrecked..

Almost broke into tears but good to know my dad was ok no scratch nothing.. so was the other guy.. but the lancer could not even drive straight after being hit by the imp :giggle: i drove my imp. back home but am now trying to estimate the cost to repair. please assist..

Damage as per the walk around the car :.
1.Front bumper done for...
2. The driver side headlight was on the ground still working though :lol: but out of its socket completely.

3. driver side door now does not close proper, good pushed backwards.. opening the door is hard now and a loud clunk sound everytime.. afraid door will need replacement maybe or will body shop be able to fix the dents ?
4. front hood good damaged... side panel damaged... right side no scratches nothing... not sure if wipers still work..

Damage to the other car (lancer).. axle broke it seems :biggrin: .. the front wheel was at an angle ... door had a big gash :dizzy: ... see pics if it lets me upload bigger size pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Glad to now your dad is ok. who was at fault?:dunno:

Now you can get the Monte carols front bumper whit the fog light :lol:

Or the aftermarket grill, projector headlight, hid light and the air dam

go to ebay motor to check the parts

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Glad everyone is OK. The door probably just needs to be adjusted once fender is fixed. Hopefully frame did not get tweaked.

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
Wow, glad all are ok. Could have been a heck of a lot worse. Not an expert on any of the questions you asked about. Hope you can get the ride back on the road again soon.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wow, glad all are ok. Could have been a heck of a lot worse. Not an expert on any of the questions you asked about. Hope you can get the ride back on the road again soon.
It's going back on the road today gonna duct tape the hell out of the headlights to get the turn signal to work again.. because i can still drive it fine no funny unbalanced feeling at all.. just the cop said the turn signal needs to be there :idea: ... and since the headlight was still lit while lying on the ground its all good.

Yaa going to find out soon enough whose fault it was and if repairs will be covered 100%, after all i am on a 100 bucks deductible i believe. Plus i was not there to comment on who is at fault. Everyone thinks other person was at fault. Dad mentioned he was turning while the turn signal itself was lit green. Not even the regular green, but the turn signal was lit as well, unless malfunction occurred at the light itself :??

I guess i can put in after market parts order them, and get them put in. The difference i can pay.I think the insurance company will pay only for factory replacement parts but will see what happens when offices open on 26th maybe.:dizzy:

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
depends on insurance if after market parts were on car they should replace with same.Most body shops will work with you to help get the car the way you want it.

Good Luck

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
depends on insurance if after market parts were on car they should replace with same.Most body shops will work with you to help get the car the way you want it.

Good Luck

Lets see how it goes.. i think i can take it to any garage after the adjuster determines what needs replaced.. i can go out and purchase pretty much anything i believe and give them the bill from the shop and parts bill to get the insurance to pay me. will see .. now gotta do shopping for the headlights and nice bumper and grill.. shall i get bumper with fog lights :devil:

if someone has links handy what to purchase i appreciate it.. heading to my garage to duck tape the hell out of the headlight so its still legal to drive around :hope:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Glad to hear that your dad is okay. It looks like the Impala hit the Mitsubishi pretty good there. You can get a nice aluminum grille now! You have a good reason to know. This is one reason I don't want to spend too much on upgrades for my car.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad to hear that your dad is okay. It looks like the Impala hit the Mitsubishi pretty good there. You can get a nice aluminum grille now! You have a good reason to know. This is one reason I don't want to spend too much on upgrades for my car.
Well you know what man... accidents happen as long as no one gets hurts is all that matters, one gotta put aside some savings for damages. But there are people out there that do not know how to even drive and one needs to worry about those. Especially those in suvs they scare me.. they think they can stop on ice.. my imp. would have crashed a month back some idiot in suv decided to apply break at the intersection hoping to stop right away :biggrin:.

So i think i will get what ejb has for his car.. he needs to start parting out his car right away so i can get discounted parts if insurance dont cover.:dunno:

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Glad everyone is okay looks like some packed snow on the ground thats never fun.

And dont wait for me man spring isnt around for another 3 months thats when she is getting parted out

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And dont wait for me man spring isnt around for another 3 months thats when she is getting parted out
:bang:

O well.. i guess the list of parts in your signature is what you have on your car ? I will try to figure out which ones go in the front. Any suggestion if i should go for black grill or aluminum or steel grill ? What about bumper ? One with Fog light slot or not .

Btw, i noticed there is a metal support beam behind the bumper. that is ripped at one end where impact happened, wondering if that will require replacement too ?

What should I get the mechanic to look at when they doing inspection, would the front strut or engine mounts might have had -ve impact ...

i am just worried that this car already has had 3 accidents on it, now this is the 4th one :giggle:.. it might be an accident magnet :cool:

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sliced that mitsubishi open like a tin can:eek:k3:anyway, hope your back on the road asap.
Yaa the front wheel was barely hanging on to the axle :beer: . I think the dude had freaking summer low profile tires and did not realize the red light and slid right into the path of the imp. to get a beatdown :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
:bang:

O well.. i guess the list of parts in your signature is what you have on your car ? I will try to figure out which ones go in the front. Any suggestion if i should go for black grill or aluminum or steel grill ? What about bumper ? One with Fog light slot or not .

Btw, i noticed there is a metal support beam behind the bumper. that is ripped at one end where impact happened, wondering if that will require replacement too ?

What should I get the mechanic to look at when they doing inspection, would the front strut or engine mounts might have had -ve impact ...

i am just worried that this car already has had 3 accidents on it, now this is the 4th one :giggle:.. it might be an accident magnet :cool:
First glad your dad is ok. Also glad the Impala came out the winner in this show down.

Now regarding the previous accidents if they have been repaired that will not matter in this case.

As for parts what you really need to ask is what you would like to have on your car. All of us have opinions but you are the owner and driver of this vehicle. Do you like the fog light bumpers? What is your preference on the grill?

You don't have to wait for the insurance adjuster to see the vehicle first. When mine was hit by another vehicle 2 years ago I had the first quote for repair before the day was out. I even got a second quote and only turned in the first one. In this case not only was it cheaper but this fellow knew old school sheet metal repair, not just a part replacer. When the adjuster came to view my car I told him I had another quote but he did not want to see it, nor did the insurance company.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Yaa the front wheel was barely hanging on to the axle :beer: . I think the dude had freaking summer low profile tires and did not realize the red light and slid right into the path of the imp. to get a beatdown :lol:
Those hondas and mitsubishis are not good winter cars at all. They are too lightweight. Plus when they leave low profile summer tires on their wheels and snow on the ground, it's a recipe for disaster.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those hondas and mitsubishis are not good winter cars at all. They are too lightweight. Plus when they leave low profile summer tires on their wheels and snow on the ground, it's a recipe for disaster.

Its not a bylaw yet here to have winter tires for winter, but next year its coming ... i was about to order some winter tires from tirerack but this happened. lets see what the adjuster has to say... i need to get the tail light replaced right away, the right one is ok, so i do not think they did replace both with the same after market ones.

Gotta find a shop that will do custom job on the vehicle in this small town, i dont want to be driving rental for a month. :bang: plus i think i will get only 1000 bucks (total) for a rental as part of my insurance plan.

@77Impala i dunno if i did like the fog light, but i think black grill is in order, the complete front has disappeared i believe even the impact bar will need a replacement. Nothing leaking so far under the car so i think no lines got busted just the front bumper and the headlight will need a make mover.

Did a rental price check at budget rental for a month for a premium vehicle and it turned out at the checkout an impala . I guess impala's are premium vehicles :p.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
My advise as far as someone looking it over would be to have someone who really knows what they are doing look it over.

Or post more pics so we can try and spot things.

If something is bent or tweaked it can cause major repairs in the future which insurance will not cover.

All my mods are listed in my garage.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I guess my only concern here is that everyone feels its ok to make fraudulent claims to their insurance companies. It isn't. ;)

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
I don't think anyone is saying to make a fraudulent claim to the insurance company but most companies will pay say $100 for a part the one you want is $125, you pay the $25 and all is good. If you make false claims great way to have no insurance

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I guess my only concern here is that everyone feels its ok to make fraudulent claims to their insurance companies. It isn't. ;)
I don't know where you thought I said for the OP to make a fraud claim. I did not. He asked what would look better on his vehicle. Most insurance will only pay the owner what it would cost to bring the vehicle back to per crash condition. If you work with the repair shop you can pay the difference and use the upgraded parts you would rather have.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts