Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i wanna hook up a amp in my car and was wondering where i can find a accessory wire in the dash that i can use to run to the trunk. Is there a way to do this without opening up the front dash? If not, then where would be the easiest place if i did have to open the dash? I didn't wanna open up to many things since the wiring at the back of the dash also controls the onstar and the airbag. Any suggestions?

·
Banned
351 Posts
There have been posts about this recently... i guess there is a grommet somewhere in the firewall, but depending on the gauge battery wire you use, it may not be big enough.

The stock HU does not have RCA inputs btw

·
Registered
657 Posts
please elaborate more on what you want to do. are looking for a place to get power for your amp or are you looking for somewhere to run the remote wire? you have the stock HU or aftermarket? lets get some more details and it will be much easier to help you. :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
remote wire

hey thanks for your help. I have the factory 07 impala radio in my car and i wanna run a remote wire to the trunk that will tell my amp when to turn on n off. Basically just the same as when my radio goes on n off the same time my amp will too. Any ideas where i can get this wire without opening up too many things?

·
Registered
657 Posts
you can just tap into one of your fuses that only have power when the car does, such as the wiper fuse or the radio fuse, if there is such a thing in the 06+.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
To add to what Wedebrook said, You can run the wire along the bottom of the left or right front kick panel, under and along the rocker panel covers and carpet to the back seat and push the wire behind the seat into the trunk and from there hook it to the amp. I ran the speaker wires for my Impala that way since it did not come with factory rear speakers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts