Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

(2006 impala LT) i recently noticed a rubbing or low pitched noise/vibration and when i make right turns. it also seems to have progressed now to when im driving straight ahead - it is rhythmic and i can notice it start at about 25mph and then become less noticeable as i speed up. i can also feel it in the gas pedal and steering wheel.

i brought the car to a mechanic and at first they could not determine a problem :dunno:, but eventually said the steering shaft had some vibration and that i should take it to a dealer because there may be a TSB on it. thats all well and good, and i'm no mechanic, but i just feel like it might be something different or more than the steering.

anyone have this problem?

- brian

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
how miles on car?
could be wheel bearing going also any abs or code lights on car?

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
this is the same way my 02 regal started, first thought it was tires but around 105,000mile got abs light.Got the two front ones changed out at dealer, middle of winter, raining and no time. Yes I was a wuss but dealer changed them out again at 300,000miles for free, so not a bad deal I guess.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Brian, I wanted to let you know I'm available to check for any recalls, etc., on your Impala. Please feel free to contact me anytime for further assistance; I'm reachable via private message on this forum!

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is the same way my 02 regal started, first thought it was tires but around 105,000mile got abs light.Got the two front ones changed out at dealer, middle of winter, raining and no time. Yes I was a wuss but dealer changed them out again at 300,000miles for free, so not a bad deal I guess.
yea...took it for a test drive again today with a friend who is a mechanic. he also thinks its the wheel bearing. gonna have him change it out on friday. thanks for your help!

Brian, I wanted to let you know I'm available to check for any recalls, etc., on your Impala. Please feel free to contact me anytime for further assistance; I'm reachable via private message on this forum!

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service
thanks katie, i'll keep that in mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts