Impala Forums banner

Rubbed-On Paint Removal - any tips?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  blackmombau 
#1 ·
Hey, folks... sigh.

Some jackass rubbed up against my previously-damaged rear fender, leaving white paint streaks. It's not horrible, but serves as a reminder of the inconsideration of people. Ugh.

Any advice, as far as removal of the offending paint? I see no scratches or further damage to my wagon - but if there's a way to get rid of this, I'd be most grateful to hear it. Thanks so much!

Danielle and the Tillie wagon

#3 ·
Rubbing Compound

Go to Autozone or any local parts store and look for Rubbing Compound its a red paste . Use a very tiny bit and put on a rag that wont scratch the paint either and a little spit or water . Then slowly rub in circles to the paint scuff mark to remove the mark. That is what has always worked for me . Just take your time. You do not need alot of compound either.

#4 ·
the best way to do this is get yourself some 3000 grit sand paper and get it real wet. then, very lightly rub out the paint marks. then get yourself a buffer with a clean foam finishing pad, set the rpm at 1800 and polish it out using a glazing compound. this is the absolute best way to fix this problem..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.