Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, folks... sigh.

Some jackass rubbed up against my previously-damaged rear fender, leaving white paint streaks. It's not horrible, but serves as a reminder of the inconsideration of people. Ugh.

Any advice, as far as removal of the offending paint? I see no scratches or further damage to my wagon - but if there's a way to get rid of this, I'd be most grateful to hear it. Thanks so much!

Danielle and the Tillie wagon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rubbing Compound

Go to Autozone or any local parts store and look for Rubbing Compound its a red paste . Use a very tiny bit and put on a rag that wont scratch the paint either and a little spit or water . Then slowly rub in circles to the paint scuff mark to remove the mark. That is what has always worked for me . Just take your time. You do not need alot of compound either.

·
Registered
14 Posts
the best way to do this is get yourself some 3000 grit sand paper and get it real wet. then, very lightly rub out the paint marks. then get yourself a buffer with a clean foam finishing pad, set the rpm at 1800 and polish it out using a glazing compound. this is the absolute best way to fix this problem..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts